Sign in to follow this  

2011 rmz250 or kx250f

Im buying a new used fuel injected bike. I will be using it mostly for desert trail riding and sometimes the track. I like how the rmz has the best handling out of all the bikes, but i hear there are a lot of tranny problems. The kx is nice as well and hear it has a pretty good engine, but i hear it throws rods. Are these things stuff to be worried about? I more than likely will buy used unless i can find a way good deal on one new. Ill post some of the bikes on craigslist i find later

Edited by Tony477g

If it were me buying a 2011 or 2012 model, I would go with the KX. They just seem to be a bit more ahead of the curve than others. *shrugs* Just my $0.02 here.

both bikes are good. which ever one you can get the best deal on would be the one to get.:busted:

Really helping me out today ATK :busted:

Do you think it would be a good idea to buy used? or do you think i should save a little more and buy a leftover 2011?

Nothing wrong with used if you are patient in choosing the bike. If you dont know what to look for try and bring someone that does. If someone says they rebuilt the motor ask for receipts. I wont buy a bike without proof behind what they are trying to pass on. Look for a bike with less then 10 hrs that has been documented with hr. meter. Also look for obvious signs of wear throughout the bike.

Nothing wrong with used if you are patient in choosing the bike. If you dont know what to look for try and bring someone that does. If someone says they rebuilt the motor ask for receipts. I wont buy a bike without proof behind what they are trying to pass on. Look for a bike with less then 10 hrs that has been documented with hr. meter. Also look for obvious signs of wear throughout the bike.

THANK YOU, you know every single bike that i have looked at on craigslist says new top end not even broken in, fresh motor, or barely did a rebuild. Now ill ask for receipts.

i would buy the 2012 kxf 250, just rode one, lots of low end power very easy to ride bike.the suspension was great stock. the new valving in the rear was great better than my revalved 2010. next revalve im putting that vavling in. plus the 12 has all the updates the 11 needed

i would buy the 2012 kxf 250, just rode one, lots of low end power very easy to ride bike.the suspension was great stock. the new valving in the rear was great better than my revalved 2010. next revalve im putting that vavling in. plus the 12 has all the updates the 11 needed

Problem is the 2012 is abour 2000 more than what I could get a a 2011 new, I love the new technology in the 2012 I just can't afford it

I would steer clear of the #64 bikes. Correct me if I am wrong but arent those Thomas Covington's bikes? Top amateur B rider sponsored by Team Green, probably rode the wheels off those bikes, even though they do look good.

Second picture down.

http://www.mxptv.com/2011/08/pro-circuit-riders-continue-the-winning-tradition-at-ponca-city-and-loretta-lynns/

I would steer clear of the #64 bikes. Correct me if I am wrong but arent those Thomas Covington's bikes? Top amateur B rider sponsored by Team Green, probably rode the wheels off those bikes, even though they do look good.

Second picture down.

http://www.mxptv.com/2011/08/pro-circuit-riders-continue-the-winning-tradition-at-ponca-city-and-loretta-lynns/

could be sounds like he has 3 or 4 bikes by his ad

Second picture down.

is he from cali? if so I would prolly pass on that bike then. the bike looks like the one he rides.

Edited by 07ATKEnduro
more

theres also a 2012 rmz250 for 5600 that i can get from a different dealer brand new

Edited by Tony477g

theres also a 2012 rmz250 for 5600 that i can get from a different dealer brand new

What!?!? What a steal!! Buy it!

What!?!? What a steal!! Buy it!

ya i think the dealership isnt doing so good cause theyre also selling 12 450's for 6500

ya i think the dealership isnt doing so good cause theyre also selling 12 450's for 6500

That's a lifetime bargain.