Sign in to follow this  

Need help front wheel lacing

Hello all! I need your wisdom. I laced my rear wheel with no problems so I moved on to my front wheel. I got it all together with no issues but I have the nipples maxed out on the spokes and everything is still loose. I have never had this happen before. I looked over it several times and everything looks like I put it together right. I can take pictures if needed. Thanks guys.

I am installing warp 9 hubs to pro wheel rims with stock spokes. I was told that would work since the hubs and rims are made to OEM specs. The rear is perfect but the front not so much. I am going to tear it appart and start over.

the front wheel uses a different lace pattern to the rear (cross 3 pattern) if you lace the front wheel in the same pattern as the rear the spokes are about a full nipple length too long (i have done this myself) find a picture or compare to another front wheel and you will pick it straight away

the front wheel uses a different lace pattern to the rear (cross 3 pattern) if you lace the front wheel in the same pattern as the rear the spokes are about a full nipple length too long (i have done this myself) find a picture or compare to another front wheel and you will pick it straight away

Thank you Sir! I will try it today.