Sign in to follow this  

the easiest way I have found to install an FCR.

I struggled with installing it 100% perfectly but found a way that works for me.

1st I install the front rubber connector as far forward as it will go onto the intake manifold. next I clean the airbox connector and apply a coat of handgrip glue where the boot connects to the bell of the carb. then I squeeze the carb in between the 2 boots (air box connector and intake connector). next I connect the throttle cable to the carb. I install the carb bell into the pre glued boot and lightly tighten the clamp. after an hr or 2 I completely tighten the air box side clamp and move the carb forward into the intake connector and tighten those clamps. finally I run all my hoses down under the bike. then I can install the tank and connect the fuel lines and I am done. VIOLA! hope this helps.

I found the easiest way was to let someone else do it for me!!!:busted:

Yep.... Like this under 20 second guy.....:bonk:

<a  href=th_MVI_0372.jpg' alt='th_MVI_0372.jpg'>

:busted::thumbsup:

Erling

the glue keeps the rear boot from slipping off. I use a thin coat. it works for me and is very easily removed.

The rubber should tear before the boot slips off...assuming you have the proper adapter/clamp.

Except for Edddie's way, I have a really hillbilly solution :

1: mount the carb to the air-boot, alligned correctly.

2: mount the front rubber to the cylinder intake

3: use a crow bar to push the carb forward to fit into the front rubbber and thighten the clamp with one hand while keeping the carb in place with the crow bar.

Not very elegant, but fast&easy.

Except for Edddie's way, I have a really hillbilly solution :

1: mount the carb to the air-boot, alligned correctly.

2: mount the front rubber to the cylinder intake

3: use a crow bar to push the carb forward to fit into the front rubbber and thighten the clamp with one hand while keeping the carb in place with the crow bar.

Not very elegant, but fast&easy.

WOW! There's Hillbillies in Norway too!!!??? :lol::):lol::banghead:

Just use some duct tape to hold it tight to the engine while you tighten the clamps!:lol:

Hose hooks come in handy for all sorts of things and can be had for peanuts from Harbor Freight.