Sign in to follow this  

97 kx 500????

No I wouldn'tunless you want a monster bike for mx or a super fast desert bike the kdx is much more user friendly.

I ride a 250 also and am a heavier guy weighing in around 230 so I think im gonna go ride it and see. Kid says it was his first bike and cant even start it. Too much compression i guess

don't know if I would want a 500 but I sure would like to try 1.A 250 is enough of a handfull now,if you ride trails your gona regret it I think.

If properly tuned, the 500 is a pussycat in the woods. My 04 250/500 hybrid is so smooth and easy to ride. All thats done to my engine is the optional thicker head gasket, 14oz Steahly fww, Boyesen reeds, and a FMF Gnarly/Q silencer combo. Throttle and clutch control is your friend with the 500s. Short shifting it will also make it easy to ride. Dont ride it like a ham fisted goon and you will be fine. My wife can start and ride mine!

Agree. The 500's are NICE. They have such an insane amount of low end power that you can ride a gear high and tractor them through anything. If you get foolish and try to show off, they can definitely hurt you. All in all though, for a sensible rider, I'd say a 500 can be easier to ride in the woods than an MX tuned 250 2t.

I wouldn't trade my KDX for a 500, but I'd sure be trying to buy one if it came along. I'd love to have a KX500 just because it's a classic. Be great fun to play with on practice day at the MX track.:lol:

The 500s are desireable but the parts are getting hard to come by (expensive). The forks would be an upgrade from the KDX.

I wouldn't trade, but I already have a 450 to stretch my arms when I desire.

The 500s are desireable but the parts are getting hard to come by (expensive). The forks would be an upgrade from the KDX.

I wouldn't trade, but I already have a 450 to stretch my arms when I desire.

450cc four stroke 500cc two stroke