Sign in to follow this  

Sharpie # plates

Im to lazy to find properly sized #s for my klx110 number plates plus Im cheap, So i was thinking to properly write out my favourite # using a black sharpie and a stensil on my new number plates but was wondering if it would look fake and fade easily. If anyone has done this please post pics. Preferably black sharpie #s on big or small bikes doesn't matter.

itll look terrible. even if u reapplied it after every ride, itd still look like a 3rd graders art project. Like Boxcarwilly said, just get some 4 inch numbers. You should be able to find them for less than $10

I haven't gotten anything for my new DRZ110 yet either so I threw up some electrical tape on the front number plate haha. You can kinda see it in this picture. I'll order some pre prints for it eventually.

NewBars.jpg

Hmmmmm. Ok i guess i can spair $10 for #s lol. Ill just use some electricial tape for next weeks race since i get it for free from work

You could get those brass numbers at the hardware store and screw them to the number plate!:busted:

You could get those brass numbers at the hardware store and screw them to the number plate!:busted:

Id loose to much hp if i did that dont be silllyyy :busted:

Id loose to much hp if i did that dont be silllyyy :busted:

I have heard if you put new blinker fluid in your bike before you race it will counter act the hp lost in screwing in numers:lol:Look in to it :busted:

i use the colored ductape for my numbers and background for now..lol

ya its ghetto fab , but i'd rather see a fast rider on a clapped out bike then a slow rider on a pretty shiny one.

Klx 110 graphics on a ssr160cc pit bike!! Because i hav a race next weekend! The outdoor season is finished here but i recently found an indoor track that has races once a month. Should be some gooood funn..

Ha ,I had to use black electrical tape one time because my prints did not come in before the first race of the season.

Should have seen me trying to make tape numbers after practice in very windy and dusty comditions.

Why do you need numbers on a DRZ110?

You obviously aren't into pit bikes haha. There are races around here for them and it makes them look way better.

Ha ,I had to use black electrical tape one time because my prints did not come in before the first race of the season.

Should have seen me trying to make tape numbers after practice in very windy and dusty comditions.

Lol that sounds like a pita!!

Turns out canadian tire has perfect #s for pit bikes! And they are like 50 cents each lol. Here's a pic of them on my new graphics :lol:

e8b4dcfb.jpg

nice, that's almost as cheap as black tape, I dont like numbers on my bikes, so black tape if I have to