Sign in to follow this  

how has starting been for your 2011 zook

I plan on either getting a zook or a kawi for the efi. I want to know though how is the starting on the rmz 2011?

i dont see how it will be any different from the kawi. suzuki has an updated kickstarter for 2011, i dont know if it helps starting, but for any "batteryless" injection system you will need to kick it over once or twice to charge up the pump. i find that kicking it hard makes no difference, you just have to kick with a nice consistent stroke 2 or 3 times consecutively and it should fire right up.

I have no idea if it is different from the kawi. My crf250r is very temperamental when starting, somedays second kick others I just give up. I just wanted to know if these new efi'd bikes were any easier to start.

i don't think they are any easier to start, but i dont think that they are as "temperamental" either

what do you mean by not any easier to start? How many kicks do you give it to start your 2011 assuming by your picture you have one? Is it like my crf some times easy, other cant even do it

i mean that its pretty much the same. a batteryless FI bike needs you to kick it over 2 or 3 times to charge up the fuel pump when left standing, for me it takes 3-4 kicks and should fire right up, after a stall i just pull in the hot start and she usually lights up in 1 or 2 kicks. also i dont think they are as picky about weather and altitude conditions. from the summer (30 degrees celcius) til now ( about 2 or 3 degrees) its started the same.

i mean that its pretty much the same. a batteryless FI bike needs you to kick it over 2 or 3 times to charge up the fuel pump when left standing, for me it takes 3-4 kicks and should fire right up, after a stall i just pull in the hot start and she usually lights up in 1 or 2 kicks. also i dont think they are as picky about weather and altitude conditions. from the summer (30 degrees celcius) til now ( about 2 or 3 degrees) its started the same.

hey thanks a lot :lol: Ill see if i can find me a good 2011-12 rmz250 at least if i get one it wont be so picky while starting

I just wanted to know if these new efi'd bikes were any easier to start.

My son-in-law has had a 09 kx450 and currently rides a 10 kx450 both efi and both start easier than either of our 10 rmz250 or our friends 11 kx250f. The 450 starts in gear all the time easily. We have always had to put the rmz into neutral to start it. We updated both his and my 2010 rmz to the 2011 kickstarter and that does seem to help.

My son-in-law has had a 09 kx450 and currently rides a 10 kx450 both efi and both start easier than either of our 10 rmz250 or our friends 11 kx250f. The 450 starts in gear all the time easily. We have always had to put the rmz into neutral to start it. We updated both his and my 2010 rmz to the 2011 kickstarter and that does seem to help.

you can start a 250f in gear? I must be living in the past cause my crf250r wont, no matter how hard you try

I rode a crf250r with a rekluse pro this weekend and it started in gear. I think it was an 06. My Suzuki does it sometimes but not consistently. The kx450 does it consistently.

I always put it in neutral so it shouldnt be a problem to me to start in gear