Sign in to follow this  

your 2011 kx250f?

How has the starting been for you guys on the 2011 kx250f? I plan on getting an efi'd bike and want to know how many kicks it takes to start your bikes

Mine starts in about 3-5 kicks, which is about the same amount that almost every bike I've had takes. The efi has much crisper throttle response than all of the bikes I've owned, even the 07 ATK I had.:busted:

hot and cold? I have a crf250r and it is seriously the most temperamental bike ever. Some days it'll start up right away hot or cold, other days I will seriously give up.

hot and cold? I have a crf250r and it is seriously the most temperamental bike ever. Some days it'll start up right away hot or cold, other days I will seriously give up.

once its warmed up it takes like 1 or 2:thumbsup:

Sweet so pretty easy to start, sounds like the best deal i can find will be what im getting

One last question, are the shrouds wide, like from where you hold it with your legs, im 5'5'' so pretty short, I dont know why but I have it stuck in my head that a kx250f is "fatter" in the front than the rmz and honda

One last question, are the shrouds wide, like from where you hold it with your legs, im 5'5'' so pretty short, I dont know why but I have it stuck in my head that a kx250f is "fatter" in the front than the rmz and honda

the thicker than a honda, thinner than a yamaha and KTM. bike feels slim to me, but I'm 5'11.:lol:

my buddys 2011 is harder to start than my 10. remember that it takes 3 rotations of the crankshaft to power up enough electricity to power the EFI system so if your gonna kick it then make sure your at least gonna get 3 rotations. if you kick it like a man then it should start every kick

my buddys 2011 is harder to start...if you kick it like a man then it should start every kick

That'd be a no. The aforementioned 3 to go when cold and one kick when warm is pretty much the rule rather than the "you gotta kick it like a man" exception.

That'd be a no. The aforementioned 3 to go when cold and one kick when warm is pretty much the rule rather than the "you gotta kick it like a man" exception.

a motor needs fuel, air, and spark to run. asuming you have compression then your 3rd rotation will have powered the fuel pump to send gas through the injector and just in time for the spark to ignite the mixture. if the crank rotates 3 times then the bike will start if nothing is wrong with it. i can do it over and over on the 2011. although the lowest temp it usually gets here is maybe the mid 40's or high 30's which isnt bad compared to many places. most bikes have a starting technique anyways. my carb (2010) kx250f takes a couple squirts of gas then a real nice easy kick. my 05 mod takes the hardest chuck norris man kick on the compression stroke to start, otherwise your not gonna start it :lol:

a motor needs fuel, air, and spark to run

Dang! Back to the drawing board.

one other question how does your bike handle? i read in mxa that it wasnt a great handling bike compared to say the rmz250. Im hearing more and more of tranny problems with the rmz which once again has me considering the kx250f. I would much rather have great handling then a real strong motor. Anything i could do to the 2011 to make it as good as the rmz or better? Or is the problem in the chassis

offset clamps helps. but your not gonna tell the difference. odds are you wont tell the difference between the rmz anf kxf either.

Some guys over in the rmz forum say that the kxf handles like crap but reliable.

Some guys over in the rmz forum say that the kxf handles like crap but reliable.

lets just say i went back to back from an rmz to a kxf and i rode the kxf a lot faster. sometimes too good of handling will cause you to over turn the bike and you will corner worse. the kxf is right in the sweet spot of high speed stability and cornering. the supercross and motocross results explain, kawi is always on top of the podium and 90% of the time in first

also depeneds on what year. the 09 and newer bikes handle the best. the 06-08 ones could use a pro circuit linkage but didnt NEED it. in 2009 pro circuit copied the dimentions of the pro circuit linkage and put it on the 09 stock. the 09 is esentially an 08 with pro circuit dimention linkage. the frame geometry is better and if you want you can opt for the clamps but i wouldnt be able to tell the difference. plus the test riders in the magazine are told to nit pick anything they can find wrong with the bike, even if its not really noticeable to anybody but a pro