Sign in to follow this  

Motocross boots...

I got a pair of Fox boots tech 5s a few months ago...and the inside stitching started coming apart...so I did a trade in deal NCY was putting on a month ago and traded them towards some Alpinestars tech 8's...loved the comfort and style but my New KTM I bought from NCY ripped n put a hole in the inner right boot...I was pissed...

Apparently the KTMs plastic heat shield acted like a cheese grader and sliced off some plastic to my boot!....and some stitching came out...and a small hole was poked in the boot....

I returned to NCY told them what happened and they offered me a replacement pair of the same tech 8s or store credit toward a different pair of boots...

I decided to go with some SIDI Crossfires...because the inner side of the boots were plastic w not allot or any exposed stitching to get ripped on that plastic heat shield.

The SIDIs have screws in the soles...and I have two rides on them now...theses screws are getting bugered out because the pegs grind into the screws in the arch of the soul...so I'm thinking about putting some caulking or

rubber in the arch portion to prevent that...

I also want to thank NCY for taking care of me on that and not shipping my boots in for warranty work...I would of not been able to ride for 3 weeks...and I'm sure the boots would rip again if I didn't get some other heat shield for my KTM....

After going through two sets of boots in 3 months...I'm hoping the SIDI Crossfires will hold up...

DP

just get gaerne sg's 10 or 12's. you wont be dissapointed and they fit great and last forever. by far the best but either. and they are super comfortable

I have some Forma Dominators on order. I had 661 hurricanes before so I hope they are a better fit. I had sidi crossfires before but some dink stole my gear bag. I really like the my crossfires though.

I have 2 pairs of Tech 8's, and they've been holding up very well. But, I tried on a pair of Sidi Crossfires when my GF was buying some boots last year, man are those nice.

I had a pair of Tech 6 Alpinestars in the 90's...they were my first real pair of boots...they lasted well over 5 years until I sold my gear because I was in the Marine Corps and was either deployed overseas or working as a DI and had NO TIME to myself for a number of years...(people should remember while they are enjoying their freedom...there are a number of men and women sacrificing ALL of their freedom so people back home can enjoy theirs...service men and women often sacrifice more than their freedom...sometimes they don't come back at all...and if WE do make it back...we are not the same...physically or mentally...WAR IS HELL...

I was a Marine for 11 years...I also spent 2 years in the Army...i know what a good pair of boots are after living in boots for 13 years. So far...I'm not impressed with what I have found in my last two pair....these SIDI's better hold up...I'm not digging these screws in the soles...especially in the arch!...everywhere else is fine but metal on metal isnt great...looking into filling those holes with shoe glue/goo...

I just don't understand why manufactures always have to change designs that work to appeal to people's need to have something new...in the Corps we had a saying..."if it isn't broke don't fix it"...in the civilian world they fix stuff till it gets broke...

The thing is...I always take care of my stuff...my bikes...my tools...my family...just the same as we did in the Marines...after 30 days of field training w NO showers or hot meals...coming back to the barracks was awesome...BUT before we took showers and relaxed...or even ate real food and not rations or MREs...that's Meal Ready to Eat...we cleaned our Rifles until they passed inspection at the Armory...then we cleaned our Hmvee's 5ton trucks...before we took a shower and ate a "delicious" meal at the chow hall...then if we were lucky we got a 96....that's 96 hours off or four days...I used to get in my van and tear out of the parkinging lot!...off to ride my YZ 250 and surf if there were waves...

I've finally come back to ridding again after medical retirement and back surgery...it's been 16 years and allot has changed in our sport....but one thing hasn't....and that is gear...bikes or parts...are highly scrutinized...if they don't hold up...people in our little world of motocross will eventually hear about it.

DP