Sign in to follow this  

Front turn signals?

Im sitting here contemplating my friday night bike thoughts and I wondered, Are front turn signals dangerous for bikers? Ive been planning a reroute of my front signals into my bark busters via led's but started thinking about how often I turn a corner and dont realize my signal is still going until about a mile down the road. Although its not alot its enough for me to think that maybe I want to leave the front signals off completely.

I have had a few close calls with people pulling out in front of me in my 24 years of road riding and that was without turn signal confusion, Im starting to think it might be a good idea to leave them off my XL. In my opinion The driver behind me seeing my signal lights are more important than the driver oncoming. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I forget way to often and feel there may be a time when someone pulls in front of me relying on that signal.

My 600R is marginal street legal though so the front blinkers help keep it from looking "offroad" and drawing attention. Although, I ran with out fronts for many years and never had any problem either.

Worth the trade-off.... probably not.

i had this problem but put my 3/4" LEDs near my bark busters and you can see them from the back side when they are blinking so its easy to tell when you left them on.

i had this problem but put my 3/4" LEDs near my bark busters and you can see them from the back side when they are blinking so its easy to tell when you left them on.

Yup. Get nondirectional turn signals that can be seen by the rider, or get small supplemental ones pointing up at you.

I still need to find a led strip to mount in my deflectors. Even with the current high visibility front signals I forget to turn them off here and there. Probably just need more time on the bike to get used to it.