Sign in to follow this  

Fmf dynojet power up jet kit

is the fmf power up jet kit any good i have not heard any think about them.

some one is selling one near me and has not been used. and would be cheaper to buy than the jd jet kit

The FMF Kit is the same as the Dynojet kit just re branded. If you can get the kit at a reasonable price I can't see a problem. I would check out the jetting guide and see what jets you will need for your bike as set up. and ask the seller to comfirm the kit is complete and contains everything you need. Another good uk contact is Allens Performance in Nottingham

Tel 01949 836733 they supply individual jets/needle for the BSR and FCR carbs.

Edited by Thmuper

There are two FMF/DynoJet/Moose/Ect kits. One is for a corked SM, the other is for an uncored S. The James Dean covers everything plus it comves with replacelment float bolt allen bolts to eliminate the screws as well as the correct pilot.

if you search on here, you'll find that people who have used that kit frequently post problems, or arent as happy with the results. There have been several people who have done the dynojet kit, and then gone to JD and been way happier with the results.

bottomline, the kit isnt as complete, and the jets arent as good.

One thing to add; if you buy a JD kit and have any problems or questions and call there... James Dean will likely be the one answering the phone. I hadn't even bought a kit yet, just called with a question, and he talked to me for a half hour about my bike and setup. Awesome guy! I then bought the kit and couldn't be happier!

You will also find more helpful information here for the JD kit. Also get the kientech extened fuel screw.