Sign in to follow this  

My friend's video gone viral!

This is not dirt bike related, but thought I'd share with my lady friends on TT that my friend's video clip of their daughter went viral this week, and I am sure many of you might have even seen it - considering it just shy of 900,000 views. I am not a football fan, but they are "way over the top" Viking Fans. They took video of their daughter upset that the Viking's lost...and the rest is history as they say.

They uploaded it to their YT channel earlier this week and posted the clip on FB. A few of us friends reposted it on FB and it had a few hundred hits, within 2 days, it was all over the place on the internet, was on several nightly news programs last night, made our frontpage newspaper this morning and now GMA plans to aire the clip. Clay Mathews, a Packer linebacker, tweeted about it apparently too.

At any rate, I just thought I'd share, as it is way too fun seeing a friend's video clip go viral!! Here's the link to the clip in case you missed it and are interested in seeing what all fuss is about...

I see they jumped at the chance to sign up for revenue sharing. The more ads you click the more money they will make.

@Junkman - It's about time they finally gots ads on that video. They had no ads on it this morning yet, and I wondered why not? I'd a jumped on it quicker...:lol: They have 2 kids and 1 on the way!! We have ads on my hubby's YT account, helps pay for domain fees for our business website for our machine shop! At any rate, they are still stunned the video got picked up on the web, it all happened so fast without warning. I am sure the fuss will end as quickly as it came...it's all just too fun while it lasts.

Well that is what "viral" means. And good for them on the rev share. It takes a bit for YT's system to recognize the video as worthy of an invite to monetize, then of course have to set up an Adsense acct. yadda yadda... I used to be a YT partner but Google decided to disable my Adsense acct. for an undisclosed reason (my Bro in law had the same thing happen too) sooo I have moved on from there to Blip.tv. Anyways good for them though. Its funny and genuine that is why it went as fast as it did. I have only had a few of my "farming" videos sort of go viral with about 5K views a day but they have cooled now after about a year or so.

On a side note, keep uploading leadfoot me and PMX like to watch your vids.

On a side note, keep uploading leadfoot me and PMX like to watch your vids.

We went riding yesterday and I tell ya, I tried my best to learn how to jump so I could get a good video, but it was another no-go. My brain just won't let me stay on the throttle all the way through - grrr. I'll get it, I was very close and did get some air & speed, but nosed down every time. :lol:

On a positive note, I took the hubby's xr400 around our loop, and up & over the jumps. Made about 6-7 laps (I think the loop now is about 3/4 mile with all the extra trails we've added). Def. different, harder to be smooth with the throttle on a 4 stroke it seemed, on & off the throttle just a touch moves ya back & forth and all over the place. It's quite a workout, I was tired out after those laps around.

On a not-so-positive note, our 11 yr. old wiped out pretty good on a jump(only incident this season). I didn't witness it, but sounds like she landed off center with some speed, and it bounced her over the handlebars, then the back of the bike came around and landed on her head (rear wheel on her helmet, muffler just milimeters from her eye, knocked her goggles off). It burned just under her lower lid and swelled up pretty good. She also got a footpeg to the thigh. She is one tough cookie, she was even smiling after Dad gave her a piggy back ride back up to the house. It was at the end of the day, so she was done for the day. I'll be curious to hear what the kids at school think of her eye and gimpy leg today? I think the two neighbor boys we brought with riding yesterday were pretty impressed how she handled the crash. I was just thankful the muffler didn't catch her eye itself, the burn/swelling was bad enough poor girl!

At any rate, our riding season is about over here, so not sure if I'll be able to upload much more for vids this year. We have some vids yet to edit that we'll post at some point. Thanks for watching, I'd love to see more of PMX riding too!! :)

Sounds like a bad crash. Well our season is changing and I am geared up for skiing. PMX started cross country touring while I hit the steeps. I hope to keep the vids flowing through the "off season" too. Check out http://teammgr.weebly.com/index.html or if your subbed to my Youtube channel I post promo videos that link to them on the website so you will know when I post a new video on Blip.TV (you can sub me there too)