Sign in to follow this  

09 to 011 crf450 crankshaft

All the cranks from 02 to 08 have a secondary bearing that is actually also the inner race for the left side main bearing. I have one in an 09 that would not turn on the crank as all the 02 to 08 did. I ordered a new crank assuming the ' sub-bearing crank had seized the bearing. New in the box honda crank shows up and the sub-bearing does not turn. Now, did honda change this design? is it normal? I have numerous calls in to people and even a few top engine builders could not answer this question.Have any of you inspected honda cranks and observed this?

All the cranks from 02 to 08 have a secondary bearing that is actually also the inner race for the left side main bearing. I have one in an 09 that would not turn on the crank as all the 02 to 08 did. I ordered a new crank assuming the ' sub-bearing crank had seized the bearing. New in the box honda crank shows up and the sub-bearing does not turn. Now, did honda change this design? is it normal? I have numerous calls in to people and even a few top engine builders could not answer this question.Have any of you inspected honda cranks and observed this?

The inner race on the crank is not supposed to turn but you are correct 90% of them do.