Sign in to follow this  

02 frnt wheel on 06 300xc?

Hey friends,

I bought a wheelset from an 02 525 for my 06 300xc so I could have a 2nd rear wheel (for easy switching between trials and knobby tire). It was a good enough deal for the set that I could make a lawn ornament out of the front and still do well.

The old front axle is a smaller diameter than the current one. Anybody have or heard of any solutions to run that older wheel on the newer bike? Different bearings, custom axle, etc? We do have a good fabricator here in town.

KTM sells a axle reduction kit. (about 25 bucks) You will need the old style small axle as well.

Thanks for the offer but I already have the axle, so 25 for the kit is where I'm headed.

It's been a while and I finally got around to finishing up the front wheel, etc....

I got the reduction kit and a new spacer to replace the odometer thing for the 02 wheel. I went to put it on the bike and the old axle is too short for the nut to grab threads!

Anybody have any suggestions?

Doe's the axle need to be turned back on a lathe so it will slide closer to the nut. It's hard to understand your problem without pics.