Ethanol Free Gas

I looked on the internet for ethanol free gas and could not find any. Is it important to use ethanol free gas in todays dirtbikes? I am not talking about race gas or anything because I don't have high compression on any of my bikes. I am over in North West Indiana lower michigan area.

Around me the only way to get Ethanol free gas is to buy race gas, which is $55 bucks for 5 gallons....

been using regular pump 91 with no issues.

Go to a marina, they have it. However, the 10% stuff is tolerable. If you are going to leave fuel in your bike (or gas can) more than 2 weeks, use fuel stabilzer. More than four months, drain it out when you are ready to ride, dump the old fuel in your car and get new for the bike.

Is it important to use ethanol free gas in todays dirtbikes?
not at all, if you have a stock engine you will be just fine running 85 with 10%

Around me the only way to get Ethanol free gas is to buy race gas, which is $55 bucks for 5 gallons....

been using regular pump 91 with no issues.

i dont know where your shopping but leaded race fuel around here is 6 bucks a gallon, and its all i run

Check HERE to see if there's any stations reported in your area.

You cant really depend on that site. I tried to find a place or station near me and it just listed one .....so I went there and all the pumps were ethanol.

I have found a couple more places near me but the aren't listed either.

I looked on the internet for ethanol free gas and could not find any. Is it important to use ethanol free gas in todays dirtbikes? I am not talking about race gas or anything because I don't have high compression on any of my bikes. I am over in North West Indiana lower michigan area.

Go to a Food City that has a gas station on their lot cause most Food City stations have Pure gas in 87 and 93 octane. I get mine at Food City in 93 octane.

You cant really depend on that site. I tried to find a place or station near me and it just listed one .....so I went there and all the pumps were ethanol.

I have found a couple more places near me but the aren't listed either.

So list them and then they will be. That's what that site is for, user submitted ethanol free gas station locations.:lol:

Check HERE to see if there's any stations reported in your area.

Thats one of the first places I checked. No luck. The marinas have it but they are closed for the season. It looks I I shouldn't be too worried about it.

Indiana? Isn't that where the government pays al lthe farmers to grow all that corn to make ethanol?

I found a place that sells it for offroad use. 90 octane, $4/gallon. I haven't had any problems with ethanol gas on any of my numerous vehicles (cars, boats, bikes), but I am using it for racing because it gets 10% better fuel economy or power (so it's said). One extra mile per tank couild make the difference between finishing an enduro and being stuck in the woods.

I use this for piece of mind and it treats a decent amount of fuel.

41tVj091-EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I was about to post this but you beat me to it.

Ethanol fuel treatment works pretty well. Some say you can also mix in a bit of 2 stroke oil as well to keep the gas from going stale, as well as it helping to keep the valves from getting all gummed up from bad gasoline. I personally have used 2 stroke oil mixed to about 100:1 in a few of my bikes. Other than them smoking a little bit, they run great still.

Modern bikes and vehicles are designed to work on what's available to us today. I don't buy 91, no need for it, although that's what my dad buys so I'm not complaining :lol:

Indiana? Isn't that where the government pays al lthe farmers to grow all that corn to make ethanol?

Yes we grow corn here. It's a B.S. proposition in my opinion. Not just here but all over. That just goes to show you how the politicians do stupid shit before they think it out. Well I guess they think about how to pad their wallets first. For as long as I could remember, the crops were rotated or alternated from corn to beans to something else and then back to corn year after year. I have been leasing some land for hunting the last 4 or 5 years and I have not seen anything on adjacent land in those year to have been grown other than corn. I thought this was to keep the soil from burning out without having to take drastic measures to put back into the soil what was remove by not rotating the crops. Then people wonder why tomatoes, pickles and everything else is so expensive. Heck, if it were more profitable to grow corn then why would the farmers want to grow anything else?

Well our future could be in your hands down there in Florida this coming year more than ever. Please make a better choice than many made last time around.

Minnesota is the same way with subsidised farmers growing corn for ethanol but in spite of that, I have about a dozen locations that sell non-ethanol near me. Of course I use it our cars but never use it in the "toys". And BTW, you get WORSE mileage with ethanol. Up to 10 or 15% worse. Ethanol has LESS energy per volume and the mix for your cars will decrease mileage. Same with bikes, of course.

I can get ethanol free here locally at 2 separate stations, really the only time I use it is in the fall time before winter when I know certain machines will be sitting. Ethanol burns better than non ethanol anyways, i run 93 pump in my bike, when I hit winter I drain/clean the carb anyways so its no biggie but let that stuff sit a few months in your carb & you'll be givin it a thorough cleanin in the spring time. My dads KTM is fuel inkected & those tiny filters in there junk up real quick... he didnt run it dry or drain the gas out of it after last ride so im sure he'll be doing new filters again this spring..

I down loaded the Pure Gas app for Android on the way to ride one day, there are several stations, not necessarily convenient, that are in Western Washington. I buy mine at the local Grange, if you can find a place like that catering to farmers and off-highway you are set for ethanol free. 

10 hours ago, Chuck. said:

One thing about PureGas is that anyone can post station locations, etc.  It's not always correct.  Also, if a station closes or changes it's fuel selections, the management has to update PureGas and a LOT of times they don't. The best thing is to find the stations and CALL FIRST.