Sign in to follow this  

Kenda K270 FAIL! Turned in to a WIN !

Ive been running the Kenda K270s on my Z. The first rear lasted 5000 miles and I was really happy with the on and off road performance. This is the second one after 350 miles. :lol:

KendaK270001.jpg

2 of the knobs look like the one in the picture and another 7 or 8 that are about half as bad. Monday I will be sending pictures and sales receipt to kendausa.com to see about them replacing the tire or giving me a refund. I have read some reviews of this tire and it seems like this has happened before. I will let everyone know what happens once the whole warranty issue is straightened out.

That picture alone should be enough to get a new tire! The rubber casting pieces are still there!

It seems like sometimes a bad batch gets out. Most folks seem to have good luck with them, but yea, I see these reports also. Mine have been great so far for about 1k miles.

It seems like sometimes a bad batch gets out. Most folks seem to have good luck with them, but yea, I see these reports also. Mine have been great so far for about 1k miles.

The first set I was very satisfied with with 5000 miles. We'll see how they go about replacement or refund before I buy another set.

Looking forward to thier reply. Just curious, where did you buy the tires?

what pressure were you running at the time, along with speed and duration ?

I'm on my third set of k270s, and was considering the shinkos until i read bad things on adv about them being more prone to ripping knobs off @ higher speeds.

Looking forward to thier reply. Just curious, where did you buy the tires?

I got them from the shop I work at. Ordered from Parts Unlimited so they should not have been old stock.

I put the tire on on Friday and filled with 32 PSI. Rode home 17 miles then did not ride till Monday. On Monday I rode about 25 miles down I 95 at 75 to 80 MPH. Then another 50 miles of two lane at 60 to 65 MPH to the trailhead. Dropped the pressure to around 17 PSI and rode 50 miles of mostly sandy trails. Aired back up to 32 PSI and headed home. Then rode to and from work Tuesday thru Thursday till I noticed the cracks.

I got them from the shop I work at. Ordered from Parts Unlimited so they should not have been old stock.

I put the tire on on Friday and filled with 32 PSI. Rode home 17 miles then did not ride till Monday. On Monday I rode about 25 miles down I 95 at 75 to 80 MPH. Then another 50 miles of two lane at 60 to 65 MPH to the trailhead. Dropped the pressure to around 17 PSI and rode 50 miles of mostly sandy trails. Aired back up to 32 PSI and headed home. Then rode to and from work Tuesday thru Thursday till I noticed the cracks.

yep, sounds like a good case for a new tire being shipped. will you go with k270's again or want to try something new ?

yep, sounds like a good case for a new tire being shipped. will you go with k270's again or want to try something new ?

I'll be going with the 270 if Kenda replaces this tire. I realize sometimes things can happen in the manufacuring process. Maybe I just got a bad tire. The first one lasted 5K miles so for the money it cant be beat. However if I get the runaround I'll never buy another Kenda tire again.

If mine last 3000 to 4000 kms I'll be happy , Why do you cry ?

this is a 50-50 rubber with aggresive thread ,

Be happy that the last one did 8000 kms , Twice more than what I will do with mine

And by the way , they are cheap anyways; 80-90$ .

Be happy that the last one did 8000 kms , Twice more than what I will do with mine

Im calling BullS#!T because this tire has 350 miles on it. Not crying as you so eloquently put it.

And I know they're a cheap tire..... Thats why I bought it in the first place. :lol:

Out of line dude.... :lol:

Out of line dude.... :lol:

?? I dont get what I say that is that wrong?

after 5xx km, my tire show the same wear as your .

Maybe they have change the rubber coumpound ? I've put 2 on 2 different motorcycle and both wear pretty fast when on pavement.

the front one seem to wear really slowly (I think I will put 2 rear for 1 front)

By the way , I didn't want to be disrespectfull when saying you were crying :) don't take it personal

Maybe they have change the rubber coumpound ? I've put 2 on 2 different motorcycle and both wear pretty fast when on pavement.

the front one seem to wear really slowly (I think I will put 2 rear for 1 front)

By the way , I didn't want to be disrespectfull when saying you were crying :lol: don't take it personal

He said his first tire lasted 5000 miles and I didn't see any comment other than he was happy with the tires performance. The tire shown has 350 miles on it. Which is not very many km's.

By the way , I didn't want to be disrespectfull when saying you were crying :) don't take it personal

My tire has 350 MILES at the time of the picture. I dont know what 5xx km means. The first K270 rear lasted me 5000 MILES and i was more than satisfied with the performance. As long as Kenda takes care of me (replacing the tire) I will continue to buy from them.

Not taking anything personal but after 350 miles the tire should not be ready to sling knobs off like this. Its all good! :lol:

My tire has 350 MILES at the time of the picture. I dont know what 5xx km means. The first K270 rear lasted me 5000 MILES and i was more than satisfied with the performance. As long as Kenda takes care of me (replacing the tire) I will continue to buy from them.

Not taking anything personal but after 350 miles the tire should not be ready to sling knobs off like this. Its all good! :)

Then maybe you should ask the compagny about what they have done to the compound ? http://www.kendausa.com/en/home/contactus.aspx

:lol::banghead:

I don't have your answer but I know mine was like yours after 350 mile (560km )

Do me a favor and stay off of this thread yanlapanic... You're not adding anything to the conversation. I've tried but you keep on keeping on. Go away please. I'm done being nice and I dont want any more of your input. Dont make me make a fool of myself.

Oh boy, a brand new set of 270's are in the shed awaiting installation this weekend. This thread gives me confidence. What size did you use? I picked up a 5.10/18 and a 3.00/21, and a set of tubes. They look like the Trailwings that came on my wife's DR200, (TW32 or something,) and you can probably pull a plow with those things.

Oh boy, a brand new set of 270's are in the shed awaiting installation this weekend. This thread gives me confidence. What size did you use? I picked up a 5.10/18 and a 3.00/21, and a set of tubes. They look like the Trailwings that came on my wife's DR200, (TW32 or something,) and you can probably pull a plow with those things.

Trailwings translated by folks that have ridden the in the mud = deathwings ?