Sign in to follow this  

am 26 on a drz400s

I rode all street on my 2008 s. Having the trailwings was ok for the street, bad for mud and sand. Tried the scorpions, more expensive and not a huge improvement on the street. I am going to go for a street biased tire this time around. The size of the rear replacement concerns me. Can I install am26 avons in size 120/90/18 without fitment issues? There is also a 120/80/18 available for a bit less money.

Having gone through the forum it seems some street tires do not fit in the standard size for my bike. Supermoto would be great, but so would a lotto win. This looks to be good way of getting better street and twisty performance. thank you......

I run a 120/80-18 Avon Distanzia on mine. Really great street tires. Looks like you could stuff a 90 series on there if you wanted......

Man those Trailwings sick on the street. A bud of mine has the Avons on his SM, they look great & are a good tire but he slides where I stick. The Trailwings I were out every 5000miles and his Avons hare 9000 on them and still look pretty dam good. I'll stick with the Trailwings, but I will get the Avons for my wifes bike, they are nice.