Sign in to follow this  

Fisher Seat, Just got it on :)

I sent a spare seat i had for my xr400 to get widened and recovered to FISHER seats. They were quick and reasonably priced and i think the quality is great. I had a quick ride and the extra width is going to be much appreciated for my long dual sport rides next year. Kick starting it is a little more difficult due to the seat width but I think i will be able to get used to it. Overall very happy.

NewSeat.JPG

NewSeat1.JPG

NewSeat2.JPG

agreed, very nice work and quality. I got the 12" comfort seat on my 650L street bike, if I have my 400 done I'll get the 10" dual sport seat.

They choose the foam based on your weight and type of riding.

VERY comfy.

And 1/2 the price of Corbin. :lol:

6fiddy011.jpg

I've always thought the XR400 had a horrible seat on it despite all the mags and other people saying it's one of the most comfy around. For me, it's already to wide and flat. I'd want narrower and more rounded edges. On mine, it feels like it's making my legs go numb from pressure on the inside of my legs. I can only sit for about half an hour on it before it starts bugging me.

It's funny because my KTM seat (known for being a 2x4 with a seat cover) is very comfy to me and I can sit on that all day with no :lol: problems.

If you dont mind me asking what kind of price we looking at for a setup like that.

http://fishersaddlebags.com/index.html

The foam is really nice, but it's the extra width that makes it feel so good. You legs and butt being supported instead of being pinched (ok those of us with bigger, uh, legs). :lol:

Compared to Corbins I've seen I think it's a real bargain.

If you dont mind me asking what kind of price we looking at for a setup like that.

Cost me 235 including shipping. I had a new cover made, but if your exisiting cover is in good shape they can re-use it and just add a little material to it which would save you 40 bucks.

Cost me 235 including shipping. I had a new cover made, but if your exisiting cover is in good shape they can re-use it and just add a little material to it which would save you 40 bucks.

That is a pretty deal compared to other quotes I've seen.