Anyone interested in working on my DRZ-400s over the winter (Near Charlotte, NC) ?

Guys, I'm thinking of possibly getting the bike worked on and checked over the winter but I can't do any of that stuff.

Would anyone KNOWLEDGEABLE be interested in tearing it down partially to check things and make sure it's kosher? Carb, transmission, tighten stuff up and check lubrication, etc?

Naturally, I would pay ($) or trade for stuff or services. (Come to think of it, I have -extra- original parts that I got with the bike when I bought it.)

I'm in Marshville, close to Charlotte.

I had it sitting last winter without riding it and I couldn't get it started afterwards. Emptied the gas out of the carb but since then, it never seems to start as easily as it did when I bought it.

Just want to make sure things are up to snuff.

Thanks

George ?

If it was sitting over winter the gas probably varnished the carb. Buy a jet kit and follow the instructions, it's pretty self explanatory. I'd be willing to lend a hand if I wasn't 4 hours away.

Self explanatory and my name don't even go in the same sentence bro, just trust me on this... ?

i used to live in NC...man i miss riding all year round! Now im in northern michigan...my season ending ?

I'm with you bro. I've got the weather but no one to ride with. Riding around on the streets by myself like a damn fool ?