Sign in to follow this  

Women wearing tech 8's or TECH 8 lights?

My fiance is a size 6 in mens alpinestars so she doesnot fit in the tech 10's so next choice is tech 8's so the new tech8's are the "light" boot and in her size wont be available till mid february so.... Im asking on here have any women owned the Tech 8's howd ya like em and what size were ya and have any women on here owned the tech 8 lights and howd ya like em theanks ladies! my fiance will be much appeciative!

Mine are the Stella Tech 6. I love 'em. But it is hard to do any hiking/scrambling in 'em. So if you like to get off the bike and explore I wouldn't suggest them.

I have worn T6s and tried some T8s, but they are just too stiff for me. I went with Gaernes because they have the hinged ankles.

Thats what I have now also :lol:

Should be able to get buckles and hardware from the Gaerne site and probably from mail order sites that carry their boots. I don't know, because unlike my Alpinestars, I have never broken or lost any parts on my Gaernes. I just give everything a quick check before I wear them the first time and if anything is loose, I just tighten it down....then, no problems. I have a pair of SG10s and a pair of Fastbacks.

Ya now im torn between sg10 tech 8 and tech 8 lights for her cuz those are the only boots thatll fit i cant get her sg12's sidis or tech 10s

I have worn T6s and tried some T8s, but they are just too stiff for me. I went with Gaernes because they have the hinged ankles.

can you get the gaernes in a size 6? I have sg10's and they are comfortable and very durable boots. If I can get them in a 6, maybe i'll get some for tresa for xmas.

can you get the gaernes in a size 6? I have sg10's and they are comfortable and very durable boots. If I can get them in a 6, maybe i'll get some for tresa for xmas.

I wear a ladies size 8 and have worn the SG10 in a size 6, but I went up a size in the Fastback model (which was also available in a 6) to a size 7. So you should be able to find the SG10 somewhere in a 6.

We've had boot discussions before so maybe this isn't entirely appropriate for this thread......but anyway......so I have old Fox ladies boots (size 6 but I wear a 7-1/2 shoe). They don't fit well in the leg anymore. I tried on a few pairs of boots last year and couldn't find anything with more leg room (can't remember which brands/styles). I was considering looking at a men's boot but was wondering if I could get them small enough. And then there's the leg issue again. A long time ago I wore a pair of my hubby's old AXO boots and I remember we had to lengthen the buckles.

I'm just so fed up with boots......

We've had boot discussions before so maybe this isn't entirely appropriate for this thread......but anyway......so I have old Fox ladies boots (size 6 but I wear a 7-1/2 shoe). They don't fit well in the leg anymore. I tried on a few pairs of boots last year and couldn't find anything with more leg room (can't remember which brands/styles). I was considering looking at a men's boot but was wondering if I could get them small enough. And then there's the leg issue again. A long time ago I wore a pair of my hubby's old AXO boots and I remember we had to lengthen the buckles.

I'm just so fed up with boots......

the sg-10's have adjustable calves (in addition to being able to adjust the length of the buckles). I have skinny calves so i adjust them tighter than stock. My large-calfed friend adjusts them looser than stock and they work great for him. Oddly enough, I even have some new ones for sale in a size 6 (mens) because mrs llama has ankle hardware and the boots don't like it.

I love my Tech 8s. I've had them for a couple years now and they're holding up great. I got a Men's 7. With the bootie they fit like a 6.5. I have a wide foot and bigger calves and these fit great. I wear a size 6 in mens ROCKY brand hunting boots and the fit is pretty similar to me.