Sign in to follow this  

thinking i want to move up!!!

ive had a 2000 kx125 for about 5-7 months and i love it! but i think ive master'd it and want to move up. But the problem is i don't know what to get. i don't want a bike that i have to spend tons of money on for rebuilds... about = to my 125. im about 5'8 5'9 135lbs 15yrs old! ill mostly be riding feilds, hill climbs and forest! thanks for your time! :lol:

250 2t would be awesome. If youd consider a 4t a 450 would be a beast at your wieght but I dont know if youd like the wieght of the 450. depending how you ride/maintain, 450s can last long too. 2t s the simpler route though since you have experience.

well let me say you havent mastered that 125 unless your a pro rider .. save yourself some money and turn it into a 144

well let me say you havent mastered that 125 unless your a pro rider .. save yourself some money and turn it into a 144

So according to your statement, if he hasn't mastered a 125 yet, why are you saying he should get a 144 kit? Anyways, I don't think many of us have ever mastered a bike or always use it to its potential especially off road, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't upgrade. Getting a 250 means he will always have plenty of power and rebuilds will be less frequent. Putting an extra 19cc is like a band aid and it isn't gonna cost less because he will still have to upgrade again in the future.

Why do you think so many people buy big bikes like 300s and 380s for offoading? Its because they have more torque, less maintenance, and they are more versatile . According to your statement, we should all be riding minis since we can use those to their full potential.

Go for a 250 for sure 2 stroke. You could also consider a KTM EXC/XC 200-300.

id keep ur 125 at only 135 pounds a 125 should be perfect if u want a little more torque send it to eric gorr and have made into a 144 or get a newer 125 with better suspension and all around more updated than ur kx