Local Source for Travel Trailer Wheel Hub?

I had the bearings disintegrate on one my trailer wheels.... spindle is still good but wheel hub and bearings are gone beyond recognition....

I can take one of the other three off for sizing and I have caliper & micrometer to measure ID and OD but would rather just go to an expert that can hand me what I need...

There is an online retailer for just about every hub assembly out there but ordering things on-line with just measurements is something I would rather avoid if I can go somewhere and actually compare it to an exisiting good hub.

So I am looking for anything in Snohomish - KIng - Maybe even Skagit counties? I live in Issaquah and work in Seattle... any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

The local auto stores most likely carry the bearings you need as most are standard sizes. Just take the broken ones in and match them up. They also usually have the size imprinted on the edge.

I used to see trailer wheels and hubs at Cabelas. There are a few trailer sales places around and they may carry new wheels+hubs. When I bought my last boat from a marine dealer, they also had replacement hubs and wheels. So marine shops like West Marine may also have something.

I had the bearings disintegrate on one my trailer wheels.... spindle is still good but wheel hub and bearings are gone beyond recognition....

I can take one of the other three off for sizing and I have caliper & micrometer to measure ID and OD but would rather just go to an expert that can hand me what I need...

There is an online retailer for just about every hub assembly out there but ordering things on-line with just measurements is something I would rather avoid if I can go somewhere and actually compare it to an exisiting good hub.

So I am looking for anything in Snohomish - KIng - Maybe even Skagit counties? I live in Issaquah and work in Seattle... any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

Six Robblees, one in Tacoma

Here is their link.

That is all the deal in.

http://www.sixrobblees.com/Locations.aspx

edit, PB Bryant beat me to it.

sometimes the price of a complete hub w bearings and seals is worth it vs, your time rebuilding your old hub

Quite right here. But big question -why did it smoke in the first place? Lack of lube, moisture in grease, improper adjustment..... Might be good to service the other hub/hubs on this trailer to prevent another emergency....

Quite right here. But big question -why did it smoke in the first place? Lack of lube, moisture in grease, improper adjustment..... Might be good to service the other hub/hubs on this trailer to prevent another emergency....

Oh..... they're all coming apart, inspected, replaced, repacked, etc... trust me:banghead:

The trailer is an 07' and I take full responsibility for not servicing the wheel bearings as regurlarly as I should.

The whole assembly / kit is the way to go and it sounds like Six Roblee's is the place to go... spoke with them today and it sounds like they can hook me up! Thanks for the advice everyone?

Rv tech once told me to pull hubs the annualy grease and replace the inner axle seal.

I fall in that group, too. PM seems to keep the traveling SNAFU's at very low level.

If your trailer has brakes -they need a look at least annually if very many miles are traveled. Remember +90% of all RV and small trailer brakes are not self-adjusting.