Sign in to follow this  

Georgia Thanksgiving Durhamtown!

So who all is going to Durhamtown on Saturday the 26th?

Also would be nice to know how many are going, so state how many people are in your party.

We(11-13 of us) will be going that day and will park by MX1 and MX2.

We will have a butt load of kawasakis, so if you see us, say hi.

Edited by KAWIman35
spelling

We are still planning on being there Saturday morning about 9:30 or so. 2 of us, KX250F and CRF250. Usually park in the GOR section of the parking lot and spend a lot of time out at MX 3 & 4...

I was there yesterday. Did 60 miles and several laps on the new GP track. It was crazy crowded. Never seen the place that full. The owners said that they had over 1000 paid riders not including all the campers that had been there overnight. It was still a bit muddy from the rain Wednesday, but conditions were excellent otherwise.

Yeah man, never seen it that busy!!! Was awesome though, I've never had to ride in the parking lot just to find my truck! LOL Had a good time though.... KAWIman, where were you?

Hey, I was parked by mx2 in a black dodge dakota with silver racing stripes. We got there around 10:30, and everything was already packed. I didn't think I would be able to find you guys. Where is the GOR parking lot? We rode a while out at mx4, then the redlands. We spent the rest of the time migrating between mx1, mx2, and the bomber. This is my bike, maybe we saw each other and didn't know it.

IMG_1124.jpg

I was there yesterday. Did 60 miles and several laps on the new GP track. It was crazy crowded. Never seen the place that full. The owners said that they had over 1000 paid riders not including all the campers that had been there overnight. It was still a bit muddy from the rain Wednesday, but conditions were excellent otherwise.

I didn't go on too many trails unfortunately, but one that I went on while making my way over to mx4 was so slick I could barely stand up. it wasn't deep, just really slippery. All the tracks were great, but I really wanted to ride some single track. With all the people there and things going on, I kinda forgot about them until we left.

I've tried a lot of the single track there, but just can't seem to get into it. Maybe if I had a smaller bike and a smaller me it would help. What I really like is going fast and that does not happen much on single track. You're right about slick and its really bad at DT when it rains. The hard pack main trails are greased snot with a little rain.

I'm with you Gamma, forget all that tight one lined stuff. The main trail wasn't too bad, just slick in a couple of spots, we stayed at MX 3 & 4 most of the day, rode the main trails a couple of times just to loosen up....

The GOR parking lot is just a sign that's posted that says GOR parking....With all the people that was there it would be real easy to miss unless you know where to look... Unless we passed by each other at #4 we wouldn't have seen each other....Bomber is usually to packed for me to ride and I didn't care for MX1 that much, was in pretty bad shape...

Yes mx 1 and two were pretty rough in sections, but the bomber didn't seem to crowded while I was on it. Maybe six or seven people at a time, but I want there all day. I mainly liked the bomber because I couldn't get any grip on the hardpack stuff.

Heres some vids:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KAWIMAN35?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/_HAoRIgx3DE

http://www.youtube.com/user/KAWIMAN35?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/7ECV7fQqn9s

http://www.youtube.com/user/KAWIMAN35?feature=mhee#p/a/u/2/DoQwMnYOnhc

Cool they are having a hard time right now.Not enough riders they are taking like thier going to only prep it like once a mouth.It's a cool place to ride hate to see it go down.