Sign in to follow this  

Txc310

Hey All - I just picked up a new TXC310 and have one hour on it. I think it's going to be a sweet single track racer - but I have a few ???

1- I need a sparky for off road racing. FMF has a few models of slip-ons but I'm cheap. Can I get the sparky insert from a TE310?

2- All the Rekluse guys are in Vegas this weekend for EnduroX. Do they offer just the EXP for this bike - maybe a clutch cover too.

3- I'm 6' so I plan on doing the old YZ Yamaha mod on the pegs to lower them 1/2 inch.

4- Looks like DecalWorks is the only place specifically offering numbers for this bike - what other models might share the same number plates?

5- Skid plate - Steahly the only one?

Thats all I can think of for now - Thanks, Mike

Should have came with the

spark arester insert from the dealer.

Should have came with the

spark arester insert from the dealer.

Not so much, 2012 TXC310 is a "closed course" competion bike and red stickered which means USFS spark arrestor is not required for homologation. However the stock Leo V does have perforated baffles in it and would be about impossible to actually generate a spark since there is no packing and there are baffles. None the less it's only equipped with a Db killer insert for noise sensitive tracks and I'm pretty sure you could find a screen type spark arresstor insert, but I am not aware there there definitely is.

Not an issue for me as I swapped out the whole stock LV system with a full Akra Ti before I even fired my bike up. :lol:

Rekluse? Not doing one on this bike, loved it on my 525SX but anymore I prefer manual override too much!

Skid pan? I'm just gonna stick with the stocker until it cracks, but Hyde does make one for the 2010 TE250 Xlight which will fit the 2011 and newer Xlight's with a little tweaking, by far the best protection and performance for my money.

I did the Pivot Pegs in the drop down lower position to ease my 34" legs along with a sub mounted steering stabilizer which raised the bars a bit too.

PG should also have templates for the Xlight TXC's no prob, we've ordered backgrounds and full sticker kits for 2011 TXC's before.

Reviews talk about the low end grunt being a little soft. What is your impression? 1-3 gear single and two track is 90% of my riding.

Reviews talk about the low end grunt being a little soft. What is your impression? 1-3 gear single and two track is 90% of my riding.

At the risk of sounding like a "mule",.............if you want low end grunt only this is not the bike. It does have more low end then the 250 for sure, but it's still a small displacement thumper tuned for peak power. I am used to riding G450X and KTM 525 type bikes with tons of low end and that's my preference over a 2T any day, however I love the lightness of a WR250 and overall flickability. The 310 TXC is perhaps the perfect blend of flickability vs 4T behavior that I'm looking for. Haven't spent enough time on it yet to solidly state it's more then enough in my East Coast single track riding but it's definitely enough. The 310 definitely responds well to a free flowing muffler as the stocker is a perforated baffle type and leaves a little on the table performance-wise and I'm also a believer in the resonance chamber on the Akra and FMF header systems, also the LV HSQ Meo replica exhaust to increase overall power,....low end too. There is definitely no internet worthy "310 bog" on my '12 310 TXC, but I also never rode it with the stock exhaust either, did however ride a stock version in CA for about 20 minutes, albeit on a MX GP track instead of tight single track and it too pulled well from any rpm over 2500, but shines in the 5k above range which is where I want it to shine, not 3500 rpms which is pleasure trail riding range vs wick it up and haul butt range. :lol:

With the tight ratio of the TE/TXC's you really have to ride the right RPM and shift gears a little more often vs my G450X that I can ride 10-15mph single track in two gears all day long, on the 310 TXC I use 3 sometimes even 4 gears if I'm having an epic day.

It's got plenty of power and you don't have to wind it out to get it. But it won't deliver it at 3000 rpms, either.

Great feedback. Currently on a 200 XC-W and actually has reasonable low-end, especially when running a gear high. I would imagine the 310 would have no-less bottom end that an 200 2T. Light weight a higher priority actually.

Thanks Guys

SomeDude knows what he's talking about and is well spoken - with a couple of hours of heatcycling on her I'm starting to explore the power - and the fuel injection really gives it good throttle response with enough midrange to loft the front wheel as needed - and good power spread and top end....requires some shifting to keep it on the boil.

It's NOT the brute power couch that my old CRF450R is....

The steering and suspension are very responsive with that "goes where want just by thinking about it" kind of handling and precision.

Good call on Motosportz products..

There are some Akra systems on EBAY at good prices..I'm leaning toward FMF since I have good experience with their products and confidence that they will enhance power while staying below 94db. (I can also get a powerbomb header later on to save a few precious $$ right now)

I think the special parts skid plate is a pretty nice unit. I'm also looking for an exhaust for the bike. I'd like to hear what you think of the akra somedude if you don't mind. Did you have to remap? I know PC, akrapovic, and arrow have full exhausts but not sure that FMF is making the header??? Personally I think the bike makes great power for its size and weight. Certainly a blast to ride.

And for the record, the 2012 TE250 and 310 LeoVince stockers come with a spark arrestor insert and the '12 TXC250/310 come with a db killer only. Furthermore I have double checked fitment and no issue there from one bike to the other. Not sure if the LV sparky is available separately, but I can't imagine why not,..............ok maybe I could with an Italian provider :lol: