Sign in to follow this  

Added Turn Signals to CRF230F

Here's pics of the front and back turn signals. I wanted to get them well tucked in so that they could survive crashes out on the trails. These are made by TUSK. I put flush mounts on the rear and mini-stalks on the front. Got it all wired in with a TUSK Compact Control Switch and a TUSK LED flasher relay. I wired up my own harness off of the battery. Put a hydraulic switch on the front brake lever to light up the brake light. Also, has a mechanical switch for the rear brake lever. Tail light comes on when headlight switch is on. Everything seems to be working. I have the turn signals and lights each on a 5A fuse.:lol:

FrontTurnSignal.jpg

RearTurnSignal.jpg

Looks Great :lol:

I do the flush mounts on all my dual-sports....great product. Just installed on the husky.

Will redue the flashers on the wife's CRF-150.....but just spent a bunch on an e-start for her bike.

41dfeb22.jpg

d877762d.jpg

30f0b05c.jpg

Great ideas but some states have a minimum distance from the head light/tail light to the turn signal so those nice installations may not work in all states.:lol:

I really like the turn signals in the first post, I may try that on my next project.

Great ideas but some states have a minimum distance from the head light/tail light to the turn signal so those nice installations may not work in all states.:lol:

I really like the turn signals in the first post, I may try that on my next project.

Doesn't seem to be an issue in AZ. The real issue is, if the headlight is very bright, it could make the turn signals difficult to see. However, the headlight is the low power Baja Designs version and is not very bright. The LED flashers are pretty bright, so they seem to be visible.

I've seen a lot of busted up turn signals on dual sport bikes that have been dropped a couple of times out on difficult, rocky trails. Hopefully, this installation approach will last a while.:)

Nice pics and bad tail light/blinker kit. Love it!! I just made mine street legal also up in colorado but having a problem with the volts, i got a ricky stator and put it in all the same way as the stock, but it seem to be the same output as the stock?!:lol: any suggestions on a special connection or anything i am missin out on???

Here's the wiring diagram I put together for the new TUSK components and the Baja Designs headlight. I cut off all the connectors and used crimped bullet connectors.

TurnSignalWiringDiagram.jpg

FrontTurnSignal.jpg

• Like 1