Sign in to follow this  

Whats the furthest tarmac

OK so whats the furthest you've done in miles on tarmac on your smokers. I had to do 20 miles home the other day and I was wondering how far you would dare go. I mean Im on a 250 EXC on 14/50 gearing and it sat ok at 50mph but while I was vibing along I was thinking to myself how far would you go on a 2t

I also realise its not meant for this but sometimes needs must:lol:

OK so whats the furthest you've done in miles on tarmac on your smokers. I had to do 20 miles home the other day and I was wondering how far you would dare go. I mean Im on a 250 EXC on 14/50 gearing and it sat ok at 50mph but while I was vibing along I was thinking to myself how far would you go on a 2t

I also realise its not meant for this but sometimes needs must:lol:

You can go forever as long as you aren't jetted too lean.

i went close to 80 miles about a year and a half ago, basically an entire 3.4 gallon tank of premix on my husky wr 250. i made the mistake of going through too much snow and wasn't able to go back the way i came. so we had to ride down to ellensburg, wa and fill up, then ride slab all the way back to little naches. pain in the ass is correct both linguistically and figuratively.

Put thousands of road miles on my kawasaki 400 triple 2 stroke road bike back in the late 70's :lol::smirk:

Joe

Well I dont believe that!!! They were lucky if they went a few miles before breakin down:smirk:

I had 3 RDs 1 250, 1 350 and one 400 all aircooled two strokes. Excellent and reliable bikes, extreamly fast. I drove too and from England to Greece on one summer on the 400!! Thats over 3000miles, no problems at all.

I had my 2004 EXC250 with motard wheels on the street for over 600hrs!! No problems.

Two strokes can go for ever if you know how to drive them (they do not like steady throttle or pinned for too long).