Sign in to follow this  

1983 xr 350r

im havinga hard time finding a clutch cable,i went to the two nearest honda dealers and they both got me the wrong one(too short and the wrong end)

any help would be appreciated ,

thanks!

and where would be a good place to get a new top end kit?

thanks again!!

http://www.servicehondapsn.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=189806&category=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=1983&fveh=4285

CABLE, CLUTCH p/n ==>22870-KF0-000 If they keep getting you the wrong one find a place that makes cables..,Decent motorcycle shops make them,,Indecent ones don't,,Too long makes no difference to a cable maker,,he just chops it to size and puts whatever ends on you require,,Too short,,he'll either make you a new one or use the external you have and run a new wire of the correct length through it,,Simple job for a pro. .

What are you after in a top end kit.,Bearings ,,Cam,,??.Not really any such thing as a top end kit,,you need to buy the parts individually and have them fitted or fit them yourself.

Hey, I have also been searching online for a standard size piston and ring assembly but only finding over sized... I will do that if I have to but really want to avoid paying for having the cylinder bored out. Also nervous about boring out the cylinder because these bikes run hot...