Sign in to follow this  

Lowering footpegs

Anybody know if you can flip the footpeg mount brackets over to lower your foot pegs? Just looking at the stock set up, it appears as if doing this will move the pegs forward as well. I know the mount bolts are not the same size but that should be an easy fix. Why???? because I have artificial knee joints. Im thinking that lowering the pegs and moving them forward would make it easier to ride on the balls of my feet and help and it easier to move from a sitting to standing position and back. Getting tall seat foam is not the answer. Seat height is perfect.

ST.O.D.

06 250X

I have bad knees also but have not had them replaced yet. How are your knee replacement working out, do they bend good and do they hurt any?

tidtid,

Knees are certainly not as good as OEM but pain is virtually a thing of the past. I can ride my 250X all day, ride my bicycle for hours at a time even did some BMX racing. I have about 110 degrees flexion. Crouching, in say a a baseball catchers stance, is not possible but hey at 60yrs old who needs that anyway. Had them done 7 weeks apart in 2008. Here's some pix of my 60th Birthday outing

DSC05714.jpg

DSC05677.jpg

CopyofDSC05761.jpg

ST O.D.

just the thought of being able to set on a bike for over 30 minutes without being in bad pain sounds great. I can't come close to a catchers stance even if i could there is not enough power left in my knees to get me back up without the help of arms. I think it's time for a overhaul.

Its a painful post op course...as I recall. Must be somewhat like women experience with childbirth. The process hurts like hell but the results are beautiful. I frankly don't have vivid memories of pain. I was back riding in the desert within 6 months. My surgeon Dr Stephen Howell developed the Otis Knee replacement surgery; 45min surgery for total knee replacement! Better/faster rehad, less chance of blood clots and infection. Literally into surgery at 730AM and up walking at 2PM. I highly recommend it

ST O.D.

Fastway F5 footpeg in the low position helps and also on crf's only they have STR footpeg lowering brackets.