Sign in to follow this  

Pinhole leak in radiator?

tipped over my bike a month ago, and just barely bent my fill side radiator. Hardly. IT wasnt steaming when running afterwards. Sent it to mylers, they did an okay job straightening it out. But now, I put it back on, and constant steam comes from the right radiator when my bike is idling. I smell it and It smells just like water steam, but...?

They made a weld on the bottom right corner of the radiator but maybe they did a rush job and created a pinhole leak in the process. I let my bike run for 10 minutes idling, but after ten minutes of steaming, the coolant level did not drop at all. Does this sound like a coolant leak? Or......? Mylers messed up?

>>>2003 wr250f

addition: forgot to mention: while engine running, I looked over the whole radiator and could not find a single drop of leaking fluid. Only steam from a place I could not identify.

funny thing mylers left a leak in my radiator, so we sent it back and they re pressure tested it and it was leaking so they fixed it again and sent it back..... yes they do screw up, and yeah if the whole bike is dry etc it sounds like a leak, my leak was very small to but had a tad bit of fluid coming out, the dried up engine ice on the rad is what made me catch my leak