Sign in to follow this  

need help on a 04 kx100 shifting problem

Well im new here and i could use help figuring out whats wring with a bike.iwont shift into 1st.it very hard to explain.almost as if shifter don't grab it just falls past the gear as if nothing there.then when does work u have to power. shift it to go into second and most times it miss shifts any help wouldb great

O and it don't do it all the time if anyone canhelp me out.the shifter just moves up or down with no engagement then if u play with it long enough it will work is it a shift fork?

Yesterday i split the engine. I couldn't find anything wrong.all gears and forks look good.shift starlooks normal along with shift shaft.it has me puzzled

Yesterday i split the engine. I couldn't find anything wrong.all gears and forks look good.shift starlooks normal along with shift shaft.it has me puzzled

make sure 13165 isnt worn, along with 92150, and that 92081 and 92081a springs are there and functional. and make sure the pin and slots on the end of the shift shaft arent excessively worn. maybe take some pics.

Count the ball bearings in the powervalve governor, if you've already split the cases you should see if anything is fouled in the trans.

I currently have a problem with one of my motors not shifting up to smoothly, the clutch cover cases could have a slight difference in the machined pad that the shift shaft rests against. There should be around .010 play back and forth on the shift shaft, I'm going to grind down the pad a bit to get a little more play and see if this helps.

Edited by JBFL