Sign in to follow this  

Drive shaft spin?

Just put the cases back together on my 89 rmx 250. The driveshaft seams like it is kind of tight even in neutral, is this normal? I put all new bearings in could it be that? Before i put the cases back together they spun with much more ease than now and it shifted through all the gears fine. Does it just need some gear oil and break in time? The counter shaft still spins relativly easy. Thanks

Just put the cases back together on my 89 rmx 250. The driveshaft seams like it is kind of tight even in neutral, is this normal? I put all new bearings in could it be that? Before i put the cases back together they spun with much more ease than now and it shifted through all the gears fine. Does it just need some gear oil and break in time? The counter shaft still spins relativly easy. Thanks

Does it feel like somethings grinding? I was able to turn mine with ease before I put in any oil. But "ease" is subjective so it's really hard to say without any more info.

no, no grinding or anything, just thought it would be easier, i can live with it just wondering if it was common with new bearings or if im just to picky

Sounds like one of the bearing may not be seated right. It may or may not be a big deal though. Sometimes ill rebuild something and itll work its way in.