Sign in to follow this  

Rick Johnson is new DR editor....

No joke, my new issue arrived, RJ is the editor, for now anyway. His input made for an interesting issue too

"SAN CLEMENTE, Calif., Oct. 26, 2011 - GrindMedia, the world's leading action and adventure sports media company and division of Source Interlink Media, has announced that Chris Denison has been named Editor of Dirt Rider magazine, www.dirtrider.com and www.motocross.com. Former editor Jimmy Lewis has been named Editor-at-Large."

Read more:

http://blogs.dirtrider.com/6759025/news/dirt-rider-magazine-names-chris-denison-editor/index.html

Edited by Timo2824

Guess I should go check the mailbox....

I got mine yesterday. RJ is doing almost every article in the mag. JL is listed on the KTM-KTM-Husaberg 3 way shootout. RJ says he can't ride Dean Wilson's bike because he is sponsored by Red Bull. There is also a pic of him with a Red Bull. I think there are serious financial problems going on behind the scenes.

Yep, he's just the editor for this issue....it was pretty interesting. I think Dirt Rider is in the dumps, and they are trying everything they can to save the magazine.

Yeah, it's a one issue thing.

They did have a pretty good write up on the 3 KTM 300s (well, 2 and a Berg) which I found very interesting. And the YZ250F article was alright. Some fluff, but a better issue than a lot have been here lately, hopefully it continues in this direction.:lol:

In his column in DR , he says he is a guest editor.

Joe

:lol:

They must be getting desperate, they even show him in his dag gone birthday Suit.

Yeah, it's a one issue thing.

They did have a pretty good write up on the 3 KTM 300s (well, 2 and a Berg) which I found very interesting. And the YZ250F article was alright. Some fluff, but a better issue than a lot have been here lately, hopefully it continues in this direction.:lol:

I agree, I havent finished the issue yet but I enjoyed the bike comparison between his factory CR vs the CRF. I like RJs perspective on the bike. It would be neat to see more of that.

I got mine yesterday. RJ is doing almost every article in the mag. JL is listed on the KTM-KTM-Husaberg 3 way shootout. RJ says he can't ride Dean Wilson's bike because he is sponsored by Red Bull. There is also a pic of him with a Red Bull. I think there are serious financial problems going on behind the scenes.

too bad they didnt test the gas gas 300 and husky 300 with them though. in their defense, GG and HV probably couldn't supply them with 2012 bikes anyway.

Joe

I posted up about this in the other DR thread as soon as I finished the Jan.issue and thought RJ brought a little life back into the mag. I also noticed a lot of new sponsored ads in this issue which could be bad for DR if it means some of their loyal brand ad payers have abandon the pages. I really hope they get back on track and keep it going. I like Dirt Bike if it were to become the only xc based mag but to have the two publications always competing is a good thing for us readers.

I noticed before the announcement, the mag was all over the place in layout design and content. Sign of desperation when that starts happening. Too bad, I really liked DR's articles.

too bad they didnt test the gas gas 300 and husky 300 with them though. in their defense, GG and HV probably couldn't supply them with 2012 bikes anyway.

Joe

They have a review of the whole '12 Husky lineup starting on p92. I had momentarily thought about getting a WR300 because of the price difference from KTM/Berg (can get an '11 WR for $5699 OTD). But, after reading the review, I dunno. The way they described the power delivery would make for quite a handful here in the rocks, roots, and woods. Be better off with the leftover '09 YZ450F I can get for $4999.

I thought Rick was lame....not a big fan of Lewis ether but like I him a little better...