Sign in to follow this  

Which Go Pro?

Looking at getting a GoPro and was wondering which model to get, the Hero2, Hero or 960? Price really isnt a big deal I just want something that I will be happy with and I dont want to overpay for a few features that are worthless. I want to use it for trail riding, hunting and fishing if that helps. Thanks :lol:

Depends. If you want 1080p go with the Hero, or Hero 2. If you just want 720p then go with the 960. The Hero 2 has more features/modes, settings, lens, ports & lights than the Hero. I'd personally choose the Hero, as I believe that it's worth the extra $50 from the 960. Just check out the specs for more info.

Here's GoPro's camera comparison chart.. CLICK

The HD2 has some features I would like, the better lens, ability to see if the thing is on without having to look at the front of the camera, etc..

But not enough more for me to dump my HD (which works great) right off, and up $300 for the HD2. I'll wait until spring, the price will be down to $250 by then.:lol:

I have a GoPro HD Hero, but for helmet-mount, I prefer my Contour. It's heavier and the mounts are pricey but it's more compact and, more importantly, the record switch is very easy to operate with gloves on (it's a big slider on the top)..

Here's a couple of videos I shot with it today:

..a

When it comes to technology, there is no reason to mess around. You say money is not a factor - so why not get the best that you can at the time?

I vote that you get the HD Hero2.

Another thing:

Say for example that you get the Hero2. You don't like the camera and want to sell it. The high-end camera will sell faster and you will recoup more of your initial purchase price because the next person that comes along will be looking for the best that they can get second hand.

I have a GoPro HD Hero, but for helmet-mount, I prefer my Contour.

Both are great cameras. I like the sleeker, more compact design of the Contour when its mounted on a helmet for riding. Better design with less chance for damage because it's tucked tighter to the head.

However, with that said I have watched dozens of GoPro v.s. Contuor tests online (Youtube and other sources) and the GoPro still has better picture quality (color & sharpness) IMO.