Sign in to follow this  

What is in this bike?!! Cr 125

Hello guys. I received a cr 125 in a trade in my benefit even if it is not as upgraded as he said he was. The bike rips i will give you that and has a wicked power band because of the sticker that gives it 30 more hp on the side of it. Seriously though. He said the engine has been bored to the max and there is no way to tell from the outside from what i can tell. The bike runs great and is faster no joke than my crf 250x that was completely done up. (besides bottom end). I know is has the unbreakable levers but that is it pretty much. I have not been into two stokes too much, alls i know is that is has the expansion and pipe which is nice. It has a huge jet which i know it is not stock, but i wish i could tell what bore it is ex. Can anyone tell me what the max bore the bike could be and is there a way to tell if it is indeed upgraded as much as he said. I do know it has showa shocks for sure as well. Thank you all, its good to be back, but im trying to get back on a thumper. Thanks guys!:lol:

Thanks for the help guys Im an oldie.

Mind the 15 year old's, they don't even know what a 2 stroke is. :lol:

To answer your question, no there isn't an easy way to find out what the bore size is (if they used the stock cylinder), without popping off the cylinder head and measuring it. That won't hurt or damage anything, just drain the coolant and pop the head, takes no time at all and you will have an exact answer in moments. You can get about 200cc's out of a stock cylinder head bored with a stroker kit.

Mind the 15 year old's, they don't even know what a 2 stroke is. :lol:

To answer your question, no there isn't an easy way to find out what the bore size is (if they used the stock cylinder), without popping off the cylinder head and measuring it. That won't hurt or damage anything, just drain the coolant and pop the head, takes no time at all and you will have an exact answer in moments. You can get about 200cc's out of a stock cylinder head bored with a stroker kit.

a 2 stroke is the one that goes ting ting right? :)

at first I had no idea what he was talking about, but yeah take the cylinder head of and measure it and then find out what the stock measurement is, and check what the 144 is, because chances are thats what it is.

Thanks for the help guys Im an oldie.

i didnt mean to offend :lol:

you should have wrote, how do i figure out what bore my cr125 is. istead of adding lots of junk to confuse an ADHD teen.

best regar... oh! look! a butterfly!!

measure the bore. simple enough.

sometimes the pison will tell you the size on it also right on top. So as suggested, take the head off.

Probably a good time to go through and check out your bearings as well, clean the air filter, change the gear oil, check the plug and the chain adjustment, maybe lube all your cables. Yup, it's maintenance time when you buy a bike used. If you haven't already you should buy a service manual.

On a stock stroke, most Honda CR125's max bore is 58mm which is 144. some of the early 00 years will only let you get to a 139 which is 57mm. So it really depends on what year of bike you have. One thing about bb kits is you will have an overall loss in power unless you also had porting done to it.

• Like 1