Sign in to follow this  

1989 Cr 250

The front forks were very harsh.

Yup, the front forks were the weak part of that bike. Also in 1989 they still had magnesium water pump covers. Replacement covers are now made of aluminum.

So check the water pump cover and the radiators, they may be plugged with magnesium.

Yup, the front forks were the weak part of that bike. Also in 1989 they still had magnesium water pump covers. Replacement covers are now made of aluminum.

So check the water pump cover and the radiators, they may be plugged with magnesium.

alright, aperently the bike is in pieces :lol: ill check it out. thing is pretty minty other than the bottom end needing work. (and maybe a seat cover)

http://thunderbay.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-dirt-bikes-motocross-1989-Honda-CR250R-W0QQAdIdZ331867777

'89 was the first year for the aluminum clutch cover.

strong engine, i just bought an 89 took it on the third ride yesterday these guys are correct the suspension is terrible (plan on geing mine revalved and sprung) i was fortunate enough to get a bone stock one with pretty much all the goodies brand new in the box from riding it stock i added a boyesen rad valve, fmf gnarly/turbinecore2 new clutch plates and im not sure if the stock flywheel weight was real heavy or not but the bike will lug to nothing and pull out up to third gear ive brake slid the thing in 3rd and been able to pull out without shifting i also added a boyesen super bowl but i never had any fuel issues yet just dont get one needing a crank there impossible to find

from my research there is only one oem crank available in the system an its in vancouver and 500 dollars

it doesn't need a new crank, needs some bearings though. aactually needs almost all of the bearings :)... need to find a cheap clutch basket.

i only have about 6-700 to spend on this :/ right now the engines in a box. it already had the top end done on it and has a new piston with about 10 minutes on it. so when im done it will have a totally new engine. other than that it needs just a few random parts. Jean micheal Bayle replica is on the way :lol:

well, i started to take off the roached seatcover and found an good condition seat cover underneath! saves me $50 that i can put into something else!

seems to befrom an older 86 cr 250 (its blue and says cr on it)

hope the seat fits on the bike :/

no fair!! its also super sketchy my friend broke his collarbone on a frozen jump :)

Yikes-hey, when you get tired of the snow and you want to come down to the sunny beaches of Florida-let me know and I'll pay you to bring some Walleye with you! Used to go fishing for them in N.W. Ontario @ Sioux Lookout, Frog Rapids Camp.:lol:

Yikes-hey, when you get tired of the snow and you want to come down to the sunny beaches of Florida-let me know and I'll pay you to bring some Walleye with you! Used to go fishing for them in N.W. Ontario @ Sioux Lookout, Frog Rapids Camp.:lol:

yeah we got lots of them here! sioux look out is about an hour or two away from me.