Sign in to follow this  

05 Raptor 350 (what to look for?)

So I have been looking for a quad for my wife for a while and I found an 05 Raptor 350 for $2000. First off is that a good price from what I know it sounds like a good price to me. I'm going to look at it tomorrow or Monday and was wondering what should I look for when I'm looking at it. Thanks for your help.

Well thanks for all the help in the decission process. As you can see there was an overwhelming amount of responses to check. But for real last night I went and picked up my wifes first quad.

biggest problems i have found with raptors:

1.) people put ign advancers on them, they backfire when starting and tear up starter gears. listen for any grinding sounds or kickback sounds when you try to start it.

2.) raptor 350s and 450s had a problem around 05/06 with the bolts backing out inside the left hand case and this also tore up alot of starter gears and cases

3.) get it up on a stand or a crate and check swing arm bearings, axle free play, a-arm free play and spindle bearings, these things are hard to notice with the weight of the quad .

4.) pull the seat and the air box lid filter condition is usually a good indicator of how well people take care of their units. also look at the small drain tube on the air box and check it for sand. good way to tell if its been to the dunes

5.) look for any odd wear on tires. and drive it straigh tin the dirt so you can look at the tracks and see if it has a bent frame.

thats all i can think of for now :lol: