Sign in to follow this  

Fork and shock revalve worth it?

I am thinking about sending my suspension into Factory Connection to get revalved. $180 for the shock, $180 for the forks. Is it worth the money? I haven't done anything to my suspension after 74 hours of use. Thanks

$360 to do yourself the favor of having the bike tailored to you and your riding level would be cheap at twice the price... Just sayin:ride:

$360 to do yourself the favor of having the bike tailored to you and your riding level would be cheap at twice the price... Just sayin:ride:

What? Not sure if I follow you?

It will end up being around 500 if you dont have to buy springs, over 700 if you do. Their prices are very misleading

I am thinking about sending my suspension into Factory Connection to get revalved. $180 for the shock, $180 for the forks. Is it worth the money? I haven't done anything to my suspension after 74 hours of use. Thanks

If you are not happy with your suspension in its current state then by all means you should have it revalved. I just sent my XR 400 to precision concepts because they were a little better on the quote, I'm pretty sure they both do a fantastic job. :lol:

It will end up being around 500 if you dont have to buy springs, over 700 if you do. Their prices are very misleading

:lol:

If you are not happy with your suspension in its current state then by all means you should have it revalved. I just sent my XR 400 to precision concepts because they were a little better on the quote, I'm pretty sure they both do a fantastic job. :lol:

Yeah not happy with my suspension at all.

I would bet three nickels the FINAL price from FC will shock you. Before you do anything with any tuner you need to be sure you can communicate what you want/need. Then I suggest you have a very good talk with the tuner to be sure you are both comfortable with what the expected outcome is. Ask and be sure they will make needed adjustments. I have had revalves that elevated my performance a full class and currently have a revalve that has me struggling to keep ahead of the sweep riders. Do your homework.

I would bet three nickels the FINAL price from FC will shock you. Before you do anything with any tuner you need to be sure you can communicate what you want/need. Then I suggest you have a very good talk with the tuner to be sure you are both comfortable with what the expected outcome is. Ask and be sure they will make needed adjustments. I have had revalves that elevated my performance a full class and currently have a revalve that has me struggling to keep ahead of the sweep riders. Do your homework.

If I had three nickels left after I got the bill from precision I would have to give them to you. I wasn't shocked by the total though, I expected to spend close to 1000 for respring,rebush,reseal, and revalve and was not disappointed. I also had a goldvalve kit installed in the front forks, my total was 950 with shipping. The suspension is en route right now, should be on the bike this week!

If I had three nickels left after I got the bill from precision I would have to give them to you. I wasn't shocked by the total though, I expected to spend close to 1000 for respring,rebush,reseal, and revalve and was not disappointed. I also had a goldvalve kit installed in the front forks, my total was 950 with shipping. The suspension is en route right now, should be on the bike this week!

Sure would appreciate feedback on how it works. I also have an XR4 that needs some work.

Sure would appreciate feedback on how it works. I also have an XR4 that needs some work.

Not a problem, I plan to post a full report on what was done and how it handles. It has just started to rain a lot here so Cow Mountain will probably close for a while. I'll post results as soon as I get a good ride in:ride:

Been through it many times....sadly.

Friend of mine paid what they quoted him at FC. Keep in mind this is for rest of the forks/shocks life to make changes. Change weight, send them back. Change dirt, same. I want to send mine off because I'm frustrated with mine (I just resprung for weight locally) and hear that the cr250 forks are horrible, and I believe it; so I'm interested in seeing the difference.

My biggest concern is my riding style changing so much right now. I can't get it consistent right now and not sure what to tell them when I send it off. Sat I felt incredible in turns, jumps etc. Sunday, lost all confidence in the bike and myself. Couldn't lean and turn the bike for %^&*.

So I guess the question is WHEN is the best time to revalve (ie:after a good lesson) and/or what do you tell them to help them get it right for you.

I can ride mx/sx but not good enough to know EXACTLY what a revalve can do for me or anyone. "My understanding" is twenty different riders' styles have 40 different opinions on a same bike's revalve.

SO, to extend the OP's ?:........... How do I know what a perfect revalve feels like?

The thing is no one knows.... Its what works for them

The FC "good for life" is a joke to many who have tried it. They have a knack for finding something to raise the price. Remember, the "good for life" is just for the shim changes. You still pay for oil, labor, etc. Don't be fooled.

Friend of mine paid what they quoted him at FC. Keep in mind this is for rest of the forks/shocks life to make changes. Change weight, send them back. Change dirt, same. I want to send mine off because I'm frustrated with mine (I just resprung for weight locally) and hear that the cr250 forks are horrible, and I believe it; so I'm interested in seeing the difference.

My biggest concern is my riding style changing so much right now. I can't get it consistent right now and not sure what to tell them when I send it off. Sat I felt incredible in turns, jumps etc. Sunday, lost all confidence in the bike and myself. Couldn't lean and turn the bike for %^&*.

So I guess the question is WHEN is the best time to revalve (ie:after a good lesson) and/or what do you tell them to help them get it right for you.

I can ride mx/sx but not good enough to know EXACTLY what a revalve can do for me or anyone. "My understanding" is twenty different riders' styles have 40 different opinions on a same bike's revalve.

SO, to extend the OP's ?:........... How do I know what a perfect revalve feels like?

A perfect revalve is IMO. Is one that stays up in stroke. Does not bottom harshly.

Feels plush on the small hack. Dives nicely into corners. Lastly, you have the confidence that you can do anything on the track without snapping your wrist. Did I leave anything out?:lol:

And a tech that will dial you in at the track!

The FC "good for life" is a joke to many who have tried it. They have a knack for finding something to raise the price. Remember, the "good for life" is just for the shim changes. You still pay for oil, labor, etc. Don't be fooled.

Factory connection has always been very fair with me.:lol:

A perfect revalve is IMO. Is one that stays up in stroke. Does not bottom harshly.

Feels plush on the small hack. Dives nicely into corners. Lastly, you have the confidence that you can do anything on the track without snapping your wrist. Did I leave anything out?:lol:

And a tech that will dial you in at the track!

Had that once, except for the on track dialing. Still looking for that on current bike. Still dreaming.