Sign in to follow this  

I admit I'm a wussy little girl. :)

Just happened across this thread, which I know I have seen in the past. I have to admit, I can't shake the imagines. I don't even want to look at my chains at the moment. Granted this guy was being stupid, but we all do dumb things every once and a while, and just tend to get lucky. Just a couple weeks ago my buddy got stuck and I went to grab his back wheel to lift the bike, without really thinking about it first. It has an auto clutch and he accidently gave it a little throttle. I was lucky, and got my hand out with nothing more than a "wow, that was stupid moment". I guess on the bright side I will probably always remember to make sure the bike is killed before doing that again, and certainly never try taking a short cut like this to clean a chain.

Kuddo's to this guy for at least having the balls to post this and admit what a dumb mistake he made. He certainly paid for it. Hopefully others will learn from it, and not follow in his footsteps.

Not sure why the link didn't work, try this again.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242261

Oh dear Jesus...... That is horrible. I guess I really take the common sense my father gave me for granted.

oh, never stick your hand in a running bikes wheel, if the chain doesn't get you spokes will break your hand... learned that one the hard way...

long story...

really? what happend? im interested now!!!

i'm not going to click that lol. my aunt did that to her toe on a bicycle with a coaster brake, so of course they had to pedal her toe through the whole crank revolution. i can't believe nobody thought to cut the chain off of her bike. terrible.

i'm not going to click that lol. My aunt did that to her toe on a bicycle with a coaster brake, so of course they had to pedal her toe through the whole crank revolution. I can't believe nobody thought to cut the chain off of her bike. Terrible.

owwww

i'm not going to click that lol. my aunt did that to her toe on a bicycle with a coaster brake, so of course they had to pedal her toe through the whole crank revolution. i can't believe nobody thought to cut the chain off of her bike. terrible.

or just pull the back wheel off? Sounds nasty though :lol:

Gah! That's freaking terrible. I also remember seeing it some where around a year ago or something. But yeah, just reminds you of what can happen with something like cleaning a chain.

Wow, were these trained medics? Why would they they even do that without just clipping off the chain?! That's just sad.

really? what happend? im interested now!!!

same situation as the poster reached down to slide a buddies tire out of the muck and he let the clutch out forgetting i was there... and hit the gas broke a falange and fractured another in my left hand... can you guess what my dad called me? :lol:

Hey, a different one. There's one that's been around for a while where the guy lost his thumb doing the same thing.

I put the Busa up on the rear stand and spin the wheel with my hand to clean the chain. Leave that damn motor off.:lol:

That was a real nail biter:busted:..Don't matter what it is, If it has a wheel that is powerd by some kind of motor..Make sure there is no power going to wheel:smirk:..I watched a guy make a cutlet from his palm while changing a Skill-Saw blade,He almost fainted and his knees were clanging together..I felt so sorry for the guy..

lost half my big toe on left foot from the chain and sprocket

valuable lession learned always wear motox boots

Ah man, I didn't want to hear that! I was actually going to start another thread on if most people were MX boots when riding trails. I know you should, but I have tried several times, and it just felt horrible. I felt completely unstable on the bike, couldn't feel when shifting, didn't feel like I was secure, not to mention they were really hot. My buddy came from the MX world and thinks I am nuts. Says he feels naked without them.

Ah man, I didn't want to hear that! I was actually going to start another thread on if most people were MX boots when riding trails. I know you should, but I have tried several times, and it just felt horrible. I felt completely unstable on the bike, couldn't feel when shifting, didn't feel like I was secure, not to mention they were really hot. My buddy came from the MX world and thinks I am nuts. Says he feels naked without them.

Then you are not wearing the right boots! You should allways wear mx boots,can save your ankles too!:bonk:And you won't look like a goon.

i did something like that on my bmx bike one time. i was adjusting it and i stuck my hand on the chain to check the tension.... bad idea. i thought that i would have to just crank my hand all the way through the sprocket to get my hand out, but i was lucky that my stepdad happened to walk by and we cut the chain off with some bolt cutters. wow i never felt so dumb

I almost did this too but was riding the bike.My 1st piece of crap bike was an old early 80's mx 100...i didnt really pay it no mind that the front sprocket cover was missing -was riding with a bud way far from home..reached down to pull a stick out that got lodged while still moving...lucky i got only a blood blister,just a pinch...we do things some times and well we gotta pay some times lol

One of the local pros around here lost a finger in a first turn pileup a couple years ago. He started to go down and put his hand out to break his fall... right into the rear sprocket of another bike :lol: