Sign in to follow this  

06 crf250r smoking??

well i am a bit confused here. my crf250r was smoking so i did a compression test and it is good. and i tested the valve seats and they are not leaking so i replaced the valve seals and its still smokes.. So i took the cylinder off and had it checked and it is in spec, no damage, and the rings seem fine and i did the compression test.. one thing i did notice is that the crankcase hose is filled up with oil.. so im wondering if i could have a bad right crank seal, could this cause the smoking and the oil in the crankcase hose?? any ideas would be great, thanks!

mine was doing something like this this past tuesday. it was a cold, slightly rainy day and we put seafoam in all the bikes the previous day. i let it run on idle and a little while after it warmed up a bit when i gave it the gas and looked back, thin white puffs of smoke could be seen 2-3 feet away from the exhaust. i believe this was just the seafoam causing this problem, that and the incredible bog i got while riding it around. it sounds like it could be oil burning off or something. i'm no pro at working on bikes, but someone else will come along and know something more than i do lol.

ya i can tell for a fact that it is burning oil. and it does not ever go away.

I doubt that it's the right crank seal. It sounds more like your exhaust valve guides are worn wiich is very common. Symptons are: Smoking or burning oil, above normal crankcase pressue with the overflow tube filling up faster than normal. Of course, this is a guess without actually seeing the bike. Can't rule out rings either even though the compression is good. A leak down test is a better way to check these symptions.