Sign in to follow this  

Trailtech Voyager Protection

Have just purchased the new Voyager. Impressive little gadget. Still yet to install and am a little way off as going to do piston, rings and valves. As the unit sits out just behind the light/number plate, I feel that it is a little vulnerable and am thinking of purchasing the aluminium billet protector for it. I have asked how much for a new casing which is around $120 but then I would have to pay for postage from Australia. Has anyone damaged speedos and especially the Trail tech units as I am tossing up whether to purchase a protector or throw caution to the wind. I have had reasonable offs over the years and the only speedo I have damaged is on my old XR 350 doing rediculously steep hill climbs and the only reason it got damaged was because I flipped it and the speedo hit the front of my helmet.

Just your thoughts.

Regards

Wayne

If your riding high speed in the back country i would get it. I have never seen one break without it but if it were me i would get it just as a preventative measure.:lol:

allot of the guys i race with have them and run them with the stock mounts. 50-60 mph get offs and none have disintegrated as of yet. including the one when they guy lost the fenders a radiator and half a handlebar in the boulders at the dessert 100e

Also team 2x baja team survived last years race with the stock mount. that was the demo voyager and there is no better test for a dirt bike product than baja 1000.

Still i say get it. its a good protector and it adds way more support than stock mounts.

How much and were did u get it from mate if u dont mind me asking

Here is all the info. Got it off this guy on ebay, but when the dollar was up, so depending on how much you want to save you may have to wait a little while for the dollar to go back up. Still a fair bit cheaper than what you will get it in OZ for though.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/CRF250X-CRF450X-TRAIL-TECH-VOYAGER-COMPUTER-04-11-/360405923795?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e9ddf7d3

Thanks guys for your input. Even though it is pretty dear, I probably will end up getting the protector case.

Regards

Wayne

Thanks bro hows the gps going any dramas. Does it drop out i have a garmin thats always dropping out or turning itself off.

Thanks to u as well crazybro looks like rock atv sells the new gopro as well mite have to invest in sum early christmas cheer.

Get the armor from trailtech, it comes with an external antenna. Yeah, it's $90 but the accuarcy is better and it will not get damaged. Granted they only charged me $125 to replace all the internal parts of the voyager that I broke. Oh, and they told me that I was the first one to break one.

I just got a confirmation from Paul at HighwayDirtbikes that he should be producing a billet protector for the Voyager by the first of the year. He makes some amazingly functional and beautiful bike parts.

Thanks bro hows the gps going any dramas. Does it drop out i have a garmin thats always dropping out or turning itself off.

Thanks to u as well crazybro looks like rock atv sells the new gopro as well mite have to invest in sum early christmas cheer.

Sandman I haven't installed yet. Stuck in the middle of renovations and once that's done then I have valves to install and new piston and rings. As soon as I have it installed I'll be letting everyone know what its like.

I just got a confirmation from Paul at HighwayDirtbikes that he should be producing a billet protector for the Voyager by the first of the year. He makes some amazingly functional and beautiful bike parts.

Where are they and do you know what sort of dollars it will be worth.

So far it's been great, no issues at all. My only issue is that I''m geting old and sometimes have a hard time seeing the maps but i'm sure you boys with younger eyes will be just fine. I don't use the wheel sensor either and it seems to keep track of mileage and hours just fine (it's never more than a mile off of my friends "Vapor).

So far it's been great, no issues at all. My only issue is that I''m geting old and sometimes have a hard time seeing the maps but i'm sure you boys with younger eyes will be just fine. I don't use the wheel sensor either and it seems to keep track of mileage and hours just fine (it's never more than a mile off of my friends "Vapor).

Funny you should say that about the vision issue. I only use glasses to read so I'm in the same boat. Hopefully I will be able to make it out. There's always the zoom button I suppose.