Sign in to follow this  

stroker kit

ive been thinking like crazy about a stroker kit for my 250f. looking at where my piston is at BDC on my cylinder, it looks like it MAY be able to get a tiny bit but i think the max you could stroke out of it wouldnt be much. maybe a 10cc increase which would be stupid. i then found the carillo rod setup but i dont think its anything but a stronger rod correct? what is the carrillo platinum setup that pairs with the CP piston? ive sorta been interested in the 269 bore kit but scared since i heard of a lot of stock bore kxf's breaking rods. any ideas?:lol:

i'll soon let you know what a 300 bore does to a stock rod/bearings/crank. I have been assured by the manufacturer that it's well tested in stock gear and with my bike in 100% parts all over the garage I said to them that maybe now is the time to get a fat rod, heavy crank, and bearings - but was told to save the $ and try the 300 first. I'm about as anal as them come when working on bikes - I doubt the lingevity - we'll see. I plan to do the crank/bearings/rod within 20 or so hours of big bore just to prevent bottom death. I like to sleep at night like everyone else.

my 2011 KX250F has a 269cc Cylinder Works kit with Vertex piston. The compression is the same as stock, and it is running on a stock bottom end. So far everything is fine. I have maybe 15 hrs with the kit and another 15 with the stock piston and cylinder. It definitely gives a healthy increase from bottom to high mid, and the top is the same. I am happy with it. I had a 280cc KTM 250SXF and it did not do nearly as well as this 269 cc KX250F. I have a Vortex/Tokyo Mods ECU, and with it I can trim the fuel +12.5%/-10% in 2.5% increments and I just go up a click or two with fuel and it runs really well. I am at 5000ft so there is that factor. Another thing I have heard is that the stock '11 map is pretty rich and it will run the 269cc big bore kit without any danger, but having a map done for it is not going to hurt. If I had it to do over again, I would probably get the Bazzaz unit and the A/F box so I could get it to auto-map and be sure I was running in a reasonable A/F range.

i'll soon let you know what a 300 bore does to a stock rod/bearings/crank. I have been assured by the manufacturer that it's well tested in stock gear and with my bike in 100% parts all over the garage I said to them that maybe now is the time to get a fat rod, heavy crank, and bearings - but was told to save the $ and try the 300 first. I'm about as anal as them come when working on bikes - I doubt the lingevity - we'll see. I plan to do the crank/bearings/rod within 20 or so hours of big bore just to prevent bottom death. I like to sleep at night like everyone else.

try polishing the crank, that should give another 500rpm of strength to the rod