Sign in to follow this  

yz 144 rekluse

YZ 144 Rekluse

Just got back from my first ride with the YZ 144 with new Rekluse EXP 2.0 WOW Almost like cheating I love it. Of course it was raining so perfect for testing out the auto clutch. our ride area it nothing but tight single track, mud and moss covered roots and rocks. I rode in this same trail last weekend in the rain so I know how it felt before without the auto clutch. I know for sure that i can go through that trail faster and be fresher at the end with the auto clutch. At first i thought it took a little snap off throttle response and maybe it did but that just made it way easier to ride. and when you get use to riding a gear higher and brake sliding the corners you will be able to go much quicker. In the 2 hour ride i had to restart the engine 2 times do to tip overs. normally I would stall and restart 6 or 8 times, that alone saves time and energy. So need i say it is the best money spent on any mod I have ever done. The install 1st time was about 45 min. and adjustment was easy just do as they say.

not to rain on your parade, i think learning to feather is cheaper lol:thumbsup:to each his own though:smirk:

I agree with being way more fresh thoughout a ride with the EXP. Instead of having your hand on the clutch ready to feather it you can hold on solidly to the bar. Slight drawback to the autoclutch is the ol whiskey throttle. Nothing like going out of control when your hand isn't ready to pull in the clutch lever.

YZ 144 Rekluse

Just got back from my first ride with the YZ 144 with new Rekluse EXP 2.0 WOW Almost like cheating I love it. Of course it was raining so perfect for testing out the auto clutch. our ride area it nothing but tight single track, mud and moss covered roots and rocks. I rode in this same trail last weekend in the rain so I know how it felt before without the auto clutch. I know for sure that i can go through that trail faster and be fresher at the end with the auto clutch. At first i thought it took a little snap off throttle response and maybe it did but that just made it way easier to ride. and when you get use to riding a gear higher and brake sliding the corners you will be able to go much quicker. In the 2 hour ride i had to restart the engine 2 times do to tip overs. normally I would stall and restart 6 or 8 times, that alone saves time and energy. So need i say it is the best money spent on any mod I have ever done. The install 1st time was about 45 min. and adjustment was easy just do as they say.

I have a friend that has the Rekluse on his 144 and he rips in the nasty trails here... I'm saving up!:lol:

It's not about feathering the clutch, that's only part of the auto clutch experience. Been racing off road for over 30 years from Baja to national enduros from the east coast to west Canada to Mexico so I think I got the feathering thing figured out. When something new comes along there are some that will resist change. Who would have thought water cooling would be durable enough for motorcycle off road conditions. turn your forks upside down? one shock is better than two. the auto clutch helps you ride better, Ride longer with less fatigue, make less mistakes and when you do it's a lot easier to recover. most of the auto clutch users are experienced riders who want to take it to another level, and most don't ride 125's mostly 250 300 or big 4 strokes. But I wouldn't want everyone to ride them because it would level the playing field and I need any advantage that i can get. Just kidding, cant wait for you to jump on the band wagon LOL

all im saying is i ride 2 strokes because its a challenge, i love that not just anyone can jump on my bike and toodle it up a tough section. it needs to be ridden or it rides you lol. if i wanted to make riding easier or wanted to be faster i would probably just buy a four stroke, my bud has a 02 kx 250 with the rekluse, it makes his life easier, and makes somethings look easy, but when things get really challenging he falls apart on the trail

all im saying is i ride 2 strokes because its a challenge, i love that not just anyone can jump on my bike and toodle it up a tough section. it needs to be ridden or it rides you lol. if i wanted to make riding easier or wanted to be faster i would probably just buy a four stroke, my bud has a 02 kx 250 with the rekluse, it makes his life easier, and makes somethings look easy, but when things get really challenging he falls apart on the trail

You're right, to each is own... Here, you don't have to go far to get challenging terrain. I have friends that will never ride an auto clutch because they say it makes it easier. My answer to that is EXACTLY! They call it cheating... My answer to that is YUP! I can last all day with any of them Manual OR Auto-Clutch. Making things with my equipment more of a challenge? Hmmmm... I've been riding slippery, nasty, Hawaiian trails for a good 25+ years and pulled my clutch in s**t, over a million times? My left hand has paid it's dues... :lol:

The majority of the trails here are 1st and 2nd gear stuff all day. Auto-Clutch is another thing that makes the riding experience BETTER when the conditions are absolute crap like we have here... So many sections in a row where just making it through, up or over some ridiculous, slippery obstacle is good enough. The Rekluse is gold for this stuff. At the moment I'm riding a regular manual clutch but am saving up to get a Rekluse. (Which I have on my other bike)

I will add... For wide open Moto and really fast trails, I prefer the manual clutch and the ability to feather it. Other than that, I'll take easier any time especially when it allows me to ride harder, longer and faster...

Edited by TORTURECHAMBERS

So now your saying Auto clutch users got FAT because they are LAZY. Did you read torturechambers last post. Most of the top Enduro riders must also be LAZY. The Auto Clutch is like any other piece of equipment on your bike. If you had the option would you want 12" of suspension travel or 8", 6 gears or 4, disk brakes or drum. All of these were new at some time and designed to let you ride faster longer and have a better riding experience. But as has been said many times, To each his own. Enough of this, bike is loaded up and on my way to find the narlyest trails that i find just so it can be a challenge. LOL

autoclutches have nothing to do with being lazy, just ignore him he's probably never even rode a bike with one