Muffler Fittage

Will the stock muffler off of an xr250 fit my xl250s? any of them? Mine is completely rusted out and has the weird 2 muffler thing for emissions I suppose. I need a new muffler but I cant find a stock one for my 79' so could i just retro fit from another bike like an XR? Or just buy some sort of muffler and have a pipe bent and welded to fit?

my exhaust looks like this thing...http://www.smebike.com/image/cache/data/MH230%20kit-500x500.jpg

All kinds of mufflers will work, most anything Honda will bolt on, most will match 2 of the 3 mounting points.

The mount by the seat will usually be off a couple of inches.

Span that with a piece of steel and a couple of nuts/bolts and you're good to go.

2004 CRF muffler (two brothers) on my 85 XR350. DSC00085.jpg

Can run most XR stuff, even new CRF stuff.

All kinds of mufflers will work, most anything Honda will bolt on, most will match 2 of the 3 mounting points.

The mount by the seat will usually be off a couple of inches.

Span that with a piece of steel and a couple of nuts/bolts and you're good to go.

2004 CRF muffler (two brothers) on my 85 XR350. DSC00085.jpg

Can run most XR stuff, even new CRF stuff.

Nice! But do you think the bend is the same for the pipe i have? dont know if you looked already but it is pretty odd looking...?

BTW where did you get those sweet a** header pipes from?

XR's Only header. Running their exhaust on it too now.

Don't know if the L is different frame wise, but they usually seem to work on all the other bikes. THe frames are roughly all the same with minor variations. The bend for that pipe in the pic is a tad off and clearance to the wheel loses an inch or so, but was still fine for dual sport type usage. teh XR'sOnly exhaust does give more wheel travel clearance.