Sign in to follow this  

This '03 CR250R is FUN!!!

Not really a post of much value here - I just have to say that I am really liking my CR!!!

I bought it as a very low hour/very lowly maintained bike. Then added a bigger IMS tank, Revloc auto clutch, FMF Gnarly, V Force 2, Keihin 38mm PWK.

This is a FUN, do it all machine!!! :lol:

And buying most parts used, this fun is almost cheap enough that I feel guilty... :)

+1...Clarke tank, tried Rekluse EXP 2.0 (took it out, not for me on this bike) PWK 38, moose torque spacer. LOVE IT

but we are driving the prices up....these need to be talked about the piece of crap non running turds they are. everyone only buy up to 01. the 02-07s are non-running turds. only worth $600-900.:lol:

the 02-07s are non-running turds. only worth $600-900.:)

your absolutely right, I'll give you $900 for yours........:lol:

OK...I should says ALL CRs ARE TURDS DON'T BUY ANY OF THEM:smirk:

Buenas...I can't I would feel guilty about ripping you off with my POS : )

Edited by lil200

I love my 03 CR250R so much, the 2012 KTM 250XC stays in the garage most of the time.

I am now thinking of buying a back up CR and selling the orange bike, kool aid anyone?

OK...I should says ALL CRs ARE TURDS DON'T BUY ANY OF THEM:smirk:

Buenas...I can't I would feel guilty about ripping you off with my POS : )

No need to feel guilty, I don't mind paying top dollar of $900! But if you still feel bad then you've really twisted my arm and i'll just come and take it off your hands for free, at least this way you've gotten rid of your headache with it........

:lol:

No need to feel guilty, I don't mind paying top dollar of $900! But if you still feel bad then you've really twisted my arm and i'll just come and take it off your hands for free, at least this way you've gotten rid of your headache with it........

:lol:

I love my 03 CR250R so much, the 2012 KTM 250XC stays in the garage most of the time.

I am now thinking of buying a back up CR and selling the orange bike, kool aid anyone?

I better just keep and live with my bad decision....

and stroker...my garage has started to change from all Orange to a blend of Kool Aid flavors...I really like the Cherry now too and the change in my pocket

Get this fellas.

4 years ago I bought a 1998 cr250 to ride with my buddy. I had always wanted a dirt bike but parents could not swing it, which was fine. Finally I had the means to do so and had good riding buddies (which is a huge part of it people overlook)

Well the time came for me to move off to college, so the 98 got sold. Fast forward to now (4 years later) and one of my old friends got into the sport. He calls me telling me my old 98 is sitting in his garage (bc I let him ride it before back in the day) and some how I had the $ AND the feller was willing to sell it because he wanted a 4 stroke and he was able to find a bike in town....It's really crazy how things just HAPPEN....Definitely not coincidence. I love this bike and have learned my lesson. It will never be up for sale again.

Get this fellas.

4 years ago I bought a 1998 cr250 to ride with my buddy. I had always wanted a dirt bike but parents could not swing it, which was fine. Finally I had the means to do so and had good riding buddies (which is a huge part of it people overlook)

Well the time came for me to move off to college, so the 98 got sold. Fast forward to now (4 years later) and one of my old friends got into the sport. He calls me telling me my old 98 is sitting in his garage (bc I let him ride it before back in the day) and some how I had the $ AND the feller was willing to sell it because he wanted a 4 stroke and he was able to find a bike in town....It's really crazy how things just HAPPEN....Definitely not coincidence. I love this bike and have learned my lesson. It will never be up for sale again.

friend o mine bought an it 200 back in like 86 brand new. sold a few years later, then bought it back in 2011

friend o mine bought an it 200 back in like 86 brand new. sold a few years later, then bought it back in 2011

:lol::)

It really is an amazingly awesome thing.

When I was gone on a deployment I had my parent's sell my 2001 CR 125 in 2004. They said the neighbor boys (about 3 miles away, yes I'm in the country) bought it. I would love to buy it back if they have it. I loved that bike!!!!!

I think I'll go down to their house, but what if it's all clapped out? I won races on that thing...I'd probably cry a little. hahahaha

True. Mine went through 2 babbage owners. When I bought it back and started taking things off guess what I saw? Still the stock air filter with the oil that I had put on it 4 years prior, along with same plug and gear oil...

Good news was it had been ridden 2-3 times in 4 years so it's just been sitting. Sitting is the worst thing for a engine but in this case it was the best thing that could've happened. Still runs awesome bout to do top end and crank bearings over the winter, and yes it has brand new filter, plug, and gear oil changed every other ride just like it used to. Back in the right hands now :lol:

I think I'll go down to their house, but what if it's all clapped out? I won races on that thing...I'd probably cry a little. hahahaha

Those guys must've been REALLY slow for you to win races on a CR. Remember! CRs are slow pigs and can't get out of their own way! :lol:

+1...Clarke tank, tried Rekluse EXP 2.0 (took it out, not for me on this bike) PWK 38, moose torque spacer. LOVE IT

but we are driving the prices up....these need to be talked about the piece of crap non running turds they are. everyone only buy up to 01. the 02-07s are non-running turds. only worth $600-900.:lol:

I must have made this post when drunk.

These CR's suck!

I must have made this post when drunk.

These CR's suck!

Drunk at the keyboard....that explains how anyone could possibly like a 9 year old bike that is slow, handles like crap RC valve is stupid,and has a bad carb that cant be fixed by any means possible:smirk:

Drunk at the keyboard....that explains how anyone could possibly like a 9 year old bike that is slow, handles like crap RC valve is stupid,and has a bad carb that cant be fixed by any means possible:smirk:

Not only that! Honda dumped them in 07 whilst supporting the sierra club. What a pile of crap these bikes are.

OK, a bit too sarcastic. I want to believe. Parts are coming (still). Sho do be lookin' nice in the garage however. :lol: