Sign in to follow this  

2012 tm

They sure are, I'm gonna wait for Feb before I take delivery, If I can hold on that long. Need more space in the workshop to fix the DR & VOR. This w/end will be it's last outing before a new owner.

Really, you ordering an EN? From who if you don't mind?

Got it from the importer. I've know Pete for a while and we have been talking for some time.

Congrats! They look better in person than they do in the pics. High quailty bikes that will flat out fly! Enjoy:banana:!

Ok so after my first ride on this bike all I can say is WOW! It makes all the power you could ever want! Jetting is spot on. The pipe is nickle plated and is built for off road. They have another pipe for MX and Pro Circuit and DEP also make pipes and silencers. The dual map ignition makes a significant difference in the power delivery. Map #1 is the most broad based power and the most useable for our conditions. Map#2 just adds an insane mid-range hit that will be big fun in the deep sand runs. Overall the power in map 1 is where I will probably do most of my riding until I get used to #2.

The bike turns extremely well and is very stable. I rode at Blue Diamond Sunday and the track was very rough, rutted and deep. The berms were deep with some holes and square edges coming out of them. The bike seemed to soak everything up pretty easily though it was a bit soft on the bigger jumps. With 50mm "Zokes" up front and an Ohlins out back dialing the suspension should be pretty easy.

Bike comes stock with oversized Braking rotors front and rear. Brembo front caliper and Nissin master cylinders and rear caliper. Needless to say this thing stops from INSANE speeds with ease!!! In fact the front is so good its scary!

Billet hubs with Excel rims are stock as are billet triple clamps. Basically you look at this thing and go Well, I'd like to put rims on....oh wait it already has them!!! I just can't say enough about the trickness on this thing.

It comes stock with head light with hi & lo beam, tail light, brake light f&R, digital odo with a rear wheel mounted sensor (rot really good for us I know) but its there. It even came with turn signals and a mirror!! Best of all.....A CLEAN MSO which means you should have no issues getting a tag for it.

As for parts, my source at TM USA assures me they have everything in stock that would normally wear out. Piston kits, bearings, plastic etc.

Overall I am very please thus far. It runs well, handles well and is really easy to work on. It is priced reasonably (about the same as a YZ250, maybe a little more), but for all you get its a bargin!!!

for more pics go here: http://www.facebook....39694672&type=1

great description, but you will soon find the pipe isn't built for off road its built from coke cans. But the dent do blow out easy but it messes up the nickel finish

great description, but you will soon find the pipe isn't built for off road its built from coke cans. But the dent do blow out easy but it messes up the nickel finish

Yea I figured that out quickly as as low side on the moto track dented the thing. There weren't even any rocks on the track!!

Once they are warm the wind will put a dent in them,

I had a gnarly from a alloy frame yz250 on a 08 250 i had, it fit right on, killed top end power thou.. i mean really killed it...

happy riding..:lol:

Once they are warm the wind will put a dent in them,

I had a gnarly from a alloy frame yz250 on a 08 250 i had, it fit right on, killed top end power thou.. i mean really killed it...

happy riding..:lol:

This is the thing I'm trying to figure out. What will cross over from other bikes. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to know.

All the pipes for a Alloy frame YZ fit the alloy TM 250/300.

only slight change is that you need another of the mounts that goes from the frame to the tail end of the pipe, its needed to extend the front pipe mount to the frame rails... does that make sense??

There are loads of cross over parts, most are covered in the search..

I have a cross over sheet somewhere that I'll look for that covers a few things. I didn't know about any other pipes fitting the TM's. My son's 2011 has the unfinished pipe. We've asked Pro Circuit and FMF and they both told us they don't have a pipe for the TM. I may look into the Yamaha pipe. BTW congrats on your new bike!

I have a cross over sheet somewhere that I'll look for that covers a few things. I didn't know about any other pipes fitting the TM's. My son's 2011 has the unfinished pipe. We've asked Pro Circuit and FMF and they both told us they don't have a pipe for the TM. I may look into the Yamaha pipe. BTW congrats on your new bike!

Thanks man! Looking forward to racing again!