Sign in to follow this  

xt600 E - after market can ?

2001 xt600e - I commute on it so i need a louder can to get me noticed - anyone know which the good ones are - anyone know of one for sale secondhand?

I don't think what your plan is will provide you with your need. Sound travels behind you, and that isn't where your problems come from. I have owned and ridden both loud and quiet bikes, and there was no difference in people cutting me off. I just became deaf quicker with the noise.

So, after 44 years of riding, what I have done is: keep out of groups of cars, unless forced to be with them. Either take less travelled roads, or outrun them. Let them bang fenders without you. If you are forced to ride with a group of them, stay with the one that actually seems like they are actually driving, not eating, applying makeup, reading a magazine/book, etc. If you stay with that driver as far as possible, the sea of silliness will move around you, but not involve you.

About the only thing I've noticed about loud pipes other than my ringing ears, is how they alienate most car drivers. They also alienate me as well: I don't want to hear it either.

But its your bike and you can do as you please.

well i would suggest a stock one off of a 600-1100cc crotch rocket. makes good power and they have a nice crisp tone but are not harly loud pipe noisey. you will have to make an intermediate pipe for your application (did this to 1988 dr600). could also go with a supertrapp for a kawi or suzuki 650 but you will have to fab up a mid pipe. these are loud though. any change will involve a re-jet as it will lean the bike out.