Sign in to follow this  

2000 yz 125 float height ?

Recently purchased a used 125 to have as a backup/woods bike. It got a new top end, power valve checked, reeds tight and not chipped, silencer repacked. The carb has a 35 pilot, 320 main, needle on 2nd clip. Elevation is 5000-8500 for most of my riding. Current riding temps are 40-55 degrees f. It has a pro circuit pipe and spark arrestor. It stumbles in the low transition to the power band. I have tried a leaner pilot and different needle positions and it does not seem to change too much. I understand it will not feel like my 450 ever but I have had several 125 and never had the power band be so abrubt. Just wondering what the correct float level is. After looking around numbers vary from 8.5 to 13.5 so I am hopeing that someone can verify the correct level.

Edited by 02sedona

12.5mm to 13.5mm per the manual.

I however have no idea how to accurately measure that to set it right.

12.5mm to 13.5mm is with special tool yamaha uses for setting float height(screws into drain plug hole and uses tube to show actual fuel level). If you are using measure with float bowl off and measuring floats from mating surface then go with 8.5mm(I use 7mm now as makes sure there is no bog on really hard landings). I got this measurement from a 2003 suzuki rm125 manual (same carb tmx)