Sign in to follow this  

Heres what my bike is doing (02' ttr 125L)

To get the bike started when cold starting I keep the choke on and put it in first and start the bike rolling and I try to get to third gear rolling using no gas. Usually if I can get the bike in third it may stay running. Often times it will die and I start the process over, basically keeping the choke on and working to third gear rolling without using any gas. What can I do to make it start easier?

Also the bike leaks ALOT of gas from the carberator just after coming to a stop. Why is it leaking and how can I fix this?

Also I found a way to make the bike more quiet because I ride in town. I put a sock over the tailpipe. Will doing this damage the bike in any way?

thanks for the help in advance!

You'd probably have more luck keeping the bike quite is you just welded the exhaust pipe closed and sealed it off.

Leaking gas is probably caused by the float in the carb. Either it needs set to the correct height, the float's bad or the float needle/seat is bad.

While you're in there fixing that, replace the main jet with a 110 and the pilot jet with a 17.5 and your starting problems will go away.

A sock??? Like...a sock you wear on your foot?!?

well i dont think the sock will make a difference in compression because its just faberic. but you may need to rebuild the carborator. the gasket might be cracked, old, or rotten. or the tub that connects the gas tank to the carborator. and the fact that its getting no gas in third is because you may need to rebuild the carborator.