Sign in to follow this  

Carburetor Float Chamber & Winter Storage

Look, I've got a 2006 TT-R230 and in owner's manual it calls for me to "loosen the drain bolt" on the "carburetor float chamber" to expunge all gasoline, so as to prevent "fuel deposits from building up" during winter storage.

I see no ""drain bolt" down there :lol: only a recessed screw adjacent a metal nipple sticking down, a nipple that might perhaps drain fuel. I am reluctant to turn screw until I'm sure what screw is for. Don't want to screw up my carburetor (I'm not a mechanic and don't want to attempt anything complicated), but it would be nice to know how to simply drain gasoline from this carb. for winter.

Anybody got thoughts on how to help me?

that's probably your carb drain...what you could do if you dont want to screw with it though is turn the gas off and start the bike and let it run until it runs out of gas, i do that with my bikes when they sit for a few weeks never had a problem!

thanks, I did what you suggested, but I do wonder if running it to stall does drain all the fuel out of bowl.

By the way, you have a TT-R250. Do you have any idea what the TT and the R signify?

no clue what it means, but i know it's just a copy of honda's xr with higher compression. but if it's run till it died then it should be fine doesn't drain every last bit, but i always run seafoam through my gas for the first few tanks of the year, like i said never had a problem.