Sign in to follow this  

Price for a new 2012 450?

I'm buying a new bike this week. It's gonna be a RMZ450 or KX450. What price should I expect to pay? Sticker plus fees? Below MSRP plus fees? Haven't bought a new bike in 10 years. It's got me curious as to what other people are paying for their new 2012 bikes. Thanks!

i would say it depends on your relationship with dealers. i'm in my local dealership sometime 3 days a week. get most of my parts at dealer cost or just above. i will help them if need be and they would me if need be. i've done dealer to dealer trades for them with my truck a time or two, and have their shop graphics on my bike. if i did'nt do these things plus i bought and built 2 race quads a street bike and all the add ons i would expect to pay msrp plus cost.find the cheapest price on line and find a dealer to beat it

Where I am here you can expect to pay MSRP plus reg and tax on a new model year bike. Most dealerships also want a set up fee which can vary significantly by dealer. The only way I have ever got a deal on a "new" bike is to buy a year old still new bike. So try to find a 2011 now that the 2012's are out and see if they will deal. Good Luck.

I wouldn't be giving any more than MSRP for a '12 model OTD. Few hundred under for a leftover '11.

There are too many dealers around selling Big 4 bikes to let any one of them bend you over.

I agree dont pay above MSRP. Its worth it to keep looking for dealers, if you go to different ones and the dealers know that they will be more likely to give you a good deal.

Where I am here you can expect to pay MSRP plus reg and tax on a new model year bike. Most dealerships also want a set up fee which can vary significantly by dealer. The only way I have ever got a deal on a "new" bike is to buy a year old still new bike. So try to find a 2011 now that the 2012's are out and see if they will deal. Good Luck.

I'm in CA too and that seems to be the typical deal on a new model year MSRP plus fees. The four dealers I check all say pretty much the same thing give or take a couple hundred bucks.

Well in Phoenix you can expect to pay msrp out the door for a new bike and knock off 1k for every year old the leftover is.

Here I can tell you that the KXF is 5570 to 6500EUR out the door (all japanese are somewhere around there), and than you have the KTM that you can buy from 6500 - 7500EUR.

Well in Phoenix you can expect to pay msrp out the door for a new bike and knock off 1k for every year old the leftover is.

I thought about going out of state to buy one but by the time I pay tax and reg in CA, it would be around the same cost. It gets old constantly looking for the cheapest price, I'm kinda over it. I't never used to be this hard to decide which bike to get or what price to pay.:lol:

I think California dealers are spoiled as they seldom have left over bikes unless there was something wrong with it that year. The best deals are years when they make big changes to the bike. I bought a 09 YZ250F in 2010 and only paid 4900.00 OTD. If Yamaha hadn't changed the frame for 2010 the deal wouldn't have been that good.