Sign in to follow this  

How much is my 01 DRZ400S head worth...used without cams

Someone wants to buy it from me and wants a price...i have no idea what its worth. Motor is stock and has roughly 6800 miles on it...he said he wants just the head, with no cams since he has the more aggressive cams in his kawi 400, can anyone give me a good number plus roughly what it costs to ship this. Also can someone locate it for me in the pic lol. I am mechanically inclined. I just need to show someone and they can take it off for me lol.

34003630418531960022510.jpg

$100-150 for a head .. USPS flat rate box $15 .. On a used head, I consider it a shell that can be rebuilt nothing more.. That makes it worth at best %50 of a new part cost. I’ve bought one new head for the DRZ now when sellers wanted too much for their used parts.

So I can safely sell mine for 150 shipped negotiable and its a fair deal both sides

It's a fair price.. .. it's worth whatever someone will buy it for. To me, an E head is worth more than an S/SM, for the available option of a manual DECOMP.. Others may feel the opposite, if they don’t want the Decomp.. the E head needs extra parts to seal off that hole in the head, and is another possible oil leak point.

$150 is a fair asking price shipped… so is $300.. at the end of the day.. sell it for what you want and someone will pay.

a while back i was trying to sell my ported YFZ head WITH hotcams, and no one would even take it for $450. the port job and cams alone were $450! this is also a 5-titanium valve head....

So i think a bare head w/valves is probably about $100 to $150 like people have been saying.

a while back i was trying to sell my ported YFZ head WITH hotcams, and no one would even take it for $450. the port job and cams alone were $450! this is also a 5-titanium valve head....

So i think a bare head w/valves is probably about $100 to $150 like people have been saying.

IN general a modified head like you were trying to sell, is not worth more then scrap value.. UNLESS the work done can be verified and established to have been done by a known, tuner. MOST ALL home or non specialty shop porting work reduces performance. This is seen time and time again.. Yes some get it right,, but more don’t and a buyer would not be wise to pay good money for a head casting, odds are, is worse off than stock.

This is not a flame or saying yours is/ was not quality work.. Just a general statement.

So i could sell my head for 300? Maybe a few less because he doesn't want my cams. Like I said I just want a good price for both sides...don't want to give it away

It's worth what someone will pay.... I've bought more than a dozen used ones, most from Ebay, and never paid more than $200… Most time I get a whole motor for $300~400 or so.

So if you have time, sure list it for $350-400 10 day sale, no buyers, list it again for 300.. There is no wrong answer,, it’s worth what they pay.

IN general a modified head like you were trying to sell, is not worth more then scrap value.. UNLESS the work done can be verified and established to have been done by a known, tuner. MOST ALL home or non specialty shop porting work reduces performance. This is seen time and time again.. Yes some get it right,, but more don’t and a buyer would not be wise to pay good money for a head casting, odds are, is worse off than stock.

This is not a flame or saying yours is/ was not quality work.. Just a general statement.

it was ported by outlaw innovations, one of the most repected head porters on YFZtech, and i had Daniel @ OI confirm this. This is the same man who made 58hp on a stock bore stock stroke 450.

DRZ heads may have a bit more demand behind them to bump up the price though i dont know.